Carroll College is hosting GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) for a GSK Day on Thursday, November 8th, to expose students to the multitude of professional opportunities available. Students can attend the following information session or talk personally with an professional representing the global company in the Campus Center.
Targeted to Juniors and Seniors studying:
- Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
- Health Sciences
- Public Health
Please RSVP through the individual Handshake Event, to ensure we have seating and accommodations for interested students.
Thursday, November 8th
- Information Booth: Campus Center Lobby 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Information Session: Borromeo Hall - Room 114 1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Please contact Wes Feist in Career Services with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-447-5465
GSK Hamilton Montana Site
To see current positions, available in Montana specifically, please see their website.
Mission: We are committed to improving the lives of people through the development and manufacture of quality vaccine components on time and at the right cost.
About GSK Hamilton Site
The Hamilton site is located on a 35-acre campus in the heart of the scenic Bitterroot Valley of western Montana. It started in 1981 as Ribi ImmunoChem Research, Inc., a company focused on research and development of vaccine components capable of stimulating the immune system. GSK purchased the site in 2005 to acquire its proprietary adjuvant technology which is used to help make vaccines more effective.
Definition of adjuvant (ad·ju·vant) 1: serving to aid or contribute; 2: assisting in the prevention or treatment of disease First known use: 1574 (Latin word adjuvare meaning to help)* *Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- Manufactures adjuvant components used in GSK’s development and commercial vaccine portfolio
- Number of employees at Hamilton site: ~200
- Percentage of employees with college degrees: 70%
- 40% of college degrees are from Montana schools
- 50% of employees have worked at the Hamilton site for at least 10 years
- Outstanding tradition of community volunteering/financial partnerships
GSK is one of the world’s leading healthcare companies, employing over 100,000 people in 115 countries. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our global operations have a common mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.