Captains Softball Weekend Meeting
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 995 3493 8999
Covid Safe Softball Weekend Information for 2021 Softball Weekend will take place on April 24th and April 25th at YMCA and Batch Fields.
Everyone please read the Covid Safe Rules set in place that you must follow in order to participate in this event. (See Attachment rules and conduct form)
(Team Rosters, Conduct Forms and Fee must be turned in at the Hunthausen Activities Office by 5pm on Monday April 12)
Mandatory Softball Weekend Meeting for all Captains on Monday at noon on April 12th (zoom link to be sent)
Pick up Softball Release forms, Rules, and Roster Forms in the Upper Cube or at the Hunthausen Activity Center
Team Captains must attend a Softball Weekend mandatory meeting held on April 12th at noon by zoom. (Link to be sent out by email) If the Captain cannot attend, please send a substitute to represent your team.
Before or after the meeting turn in your Roster and Responsible Student Conduct Agreement Forms along with the $100 team fee at the Hunthausen Activities Center by 5pm on Monday August 12th. Only those who have signed the Student Conduct Agreement form are eligible to play for your team.
- Explanation of Weekend - non-alcohol softball tournament (safety)
- Responsible Student Conduct Agreement (making good decisions)
- The Rules (what the weekend will look like) (Go over Covid Rules)
- Only current students and employees are legal to play on your team
Questions and Answers
- Captains putting together teams and team fees (rosters)
- Teams with Inappropriate names will not be added to the roster.
Deadlines and Team Shirts
All are asked to play on only one team. If you must a maximum of 2. Club funds cannot be used to pay for shirts or for Team Fees!!
Having Fun is what this is all about... Let's celebrate life and friendship and a great weekend!
- The Team Rosters,
- A Conduct Form from every person on your team,
- and the $100 fee
- Must be turned in as one package! By 5pm on Monday April 12th – the schedule will be created that night and no other teams will be allowed to enter. This means you will have to have attached to your roster the signed student conduct form from everyone on your team.
- We will be playing at Batch Fields which are the very nice softball fields located further down Benton Ave next to Carroll and the Golf Course. The Helena Umpires Association has been hired and we have been working with the Helena Softball Association to organize this tournament.
Team Name and Team Shirts Must be Appropriate!!
Title Nine rule for all Colleges!! This is very important! Due to Title Nine regulations the content of the shirts must be appropriate. "Carroll College is committed to providing an environment that is free from harassment and discrimination based on race, color, or national origin, or because of age, physical or mental disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, creed, religion or sex. In addition, team names which reflect the use or abuse of alcohol or other drugs will not be allowed."
Rules to follow when creating a team name for Softball Weekend: After consideration is given to all relevant possible meanings of the name - would a reasonable person find the intent of the name acceptable? "Would a Reasonable Person find it offensive? Can the name of your team be considered as harassment against someone else? Reasonable Person: "A phrase frequently used in tort and Criminal Law to denote a hypothetical person in society who exercises average care, skill, and judgment in conduct and who serves as a comparative standard for determining liability." “It’s On Us” to make sure we all take care of, and respect one another!