2018-19 Cheer Tryouts
A tryout clinic will be held Saturday, April 28, 3-6 p.m. at The Helena Athletic Club (3340 McHugh Ln in Helena). Material review and tryouts will occur on Sunday, April 29, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m., at the Carroll College PE Center. The Saturday clinic will include instruction on material: cheer, sideline dance and some stunting and time for tumbling review. The tryout will also include a personal interview. Required attire for tryouts includes black spandex and a fitted plain athletic top in either black, white, purple, or gold. Final team rosters will be posted within an hour of the conclusion of tryouts. Team roster will consist of a maximum of 16 girls. Boys are encouraged to try out as well and would be in addition to the 16 girl spots.
Interested in becoming a Saints Cheerleader? Here are some qualities we look for:
- Two years previous cheerleading or dance experience
- Experience with extended all-girl/co-ed stunting
- Preferred standing and round-off bank-handspring
- Positive, cooperative attitude
- Strong commitment to improve individually and as part of a team
- Exceptional integrity and personal high academic standards
- Understanding of collegiate cheerleading attire and performance appearance
If you cannot make it to Helena for tryouts and elect to tryout via video – please include the following:
- Introduction of yourself including name, year in school, why you have chosen Carroll College, and your experience with cheerleading.
- Standing & running tumbling (not required, but preferred)
- Chant with simple motions - ex: Go Saints Go x x x
- Dance 4-6 8 counts, repeated
- Stunting - please show at least 2 positions, ex: fly & base, base & back, back & fly - extended, single leg stunts are preferred but safety and technique are more important
- Flexibility - ex: heal stretch on right & left and/or splits
Video tryouts must be received on or before April 28 at 10 p.m. We look forward to seeing you at tryouts or seeing your video!