Entrepreneurship at Carroll College
The Carroll Entrepreneurship Program is a resource for students to receive academic and non-academic (extra curricular) training to develop new business and entrepreneurial ideas. Use your time at Carroll College to develop your own business and to learn to be a successful entrepreneur. Utilize the resources we have available, whether it is involvement with the Entrepreneurship Club, Enactus, ZinnStarter or fulfilling the requirements for the Entrepreneurship Certificate.
Students that would like to receive academic credit for their entrepreneurial initiatives can explore the requirements for the entrepreneurship certificate (15 credits) for all majors. If you would like to engage with entrepreneurs without the academic commitment, plan to be involved in one of the following:
- Weekly meetings with the Entrepreneurship Club on Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. in the Corette Library.
- Entrepreneurship Lecture Series (3 per semester, dates TBD)
- Weekly meeting with Carroll Enactus, which is part of Enactus USA (meeting times TBD)
- ZinnStarter Business Pitch competition - (2 per semester - dates TBD). Business Pitch presentations will be made each semester, giving students the opportunity to qualify for up to $1000 in ZinnStarter funding. Ray Zinn, founder of Zinnstarter, has selected Carroll College as an eligible institution to receive start up funding for qualified entrepreneurial ideas.
- ZinnStarter Student Board of Directors (One year term) - applications accepted Spring, 2020.
- Entrepreneurship work-study (1 student /1 credit per semester).- applications accepted in September, 2019.
- Speed networking events will be scheduled once per semester, giving students the opportunity to practice their business pitch and presentation skills with entrepreneurs and investors from the region. (Dates TBD)
For more information and to be included in weekly entrepreneurship emails, please fill out the application and feel free to contact Dr. Annette Ryerson, Assistant Professor of Marketing and Carroll Entrepreneurship Program Coordinator (email@example.com).