FE Exam Instructions & Review Sessions
FE Instructions for Engineering Majors to Graduate from Carroll
One of the requirements to graduate from Carroll College with a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering or engineering science is to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam. The exam is given by the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying® (NCEES).
Students take the exam sometime during, or immediately after, the last semester of their senior year. Your diploma cannot be posted until Carroll’s registrar receives notice that you took the exam. To qualify as a May graduate you must take the exam no later than May 31.
The FE exam can be taken multiple times but your goal should be to study thoroughly, attend Carroll’s FE review sessions, and pass the exam on the first try. The first-time pass rate is an important statistic for you as a graduate of Carroll College and for the engineering programs’ accreditation status. Carroll’s four-year graduation rate, as reported to the federal government, can also be impacted if you take the exam at a later date. Another compelling reason to pass the exam on the first try is that it costs $225 per attempt (so get it done the first time!).
To register for the FE you should go to the NCEES website (https://ncees.org)and set up a myNCEES account. You will find all sorts of information about the exam format, prep materials, disciplines offered, schedules, testing sites, and how to register.
Results are typically available 7–10 days after you take the exam. You will receive an email notification from NCEES with instructions to view your results in your MyNCEES (https://account.ncees.org/) account. Results will include your picture, NCEES ID and information specific to your licensing board regarding how you should proceed based on your performance. You should then forward your results to Carroll’s registrar Cassie Hall (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mary Keeffe (email@example.com), and Gary Fischer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Free FE Review Sessions
Carroll College will offer a series of review sessions for the Fundamentals of Engineering exam starting in February 2021. They will be held in the classroom in the Civil Engineering Building and are free of charge. If you have any questions please contact Gary Fischer at email@example.com.
Instructors of the courses generally use FE review resources available from PPI, Inc. (https://ppi2pass.com). Most of the courses will be taught in-person in the classroom in the Civil Engineering Building, except for those identified below as being taught via Zoom only. All sessions will be available through Zoom, and to get a Zoom link, please contact Gary Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2021 Session schedule
To get the Zoom classroom link, please contact Gary Fischer at email@example.com.
- February 3 - Math, taught by John Scharf (5:30 – 7:00, via Zoom only)
- February 4 – Fluids and Water Resources, taught by Gary Fischer (6:30 – 8:00, CE 201)
- February 10 - Engineering Economics, taught by Kent Barnes (5:30 – 7:00, CE 201)
- February 11 - Statics, taught by Mary Keeffe (6:30 – 8:00, CE 201)
- February 16 - Ethics, taught by Gary Fischer (5:30 – 7:00, CE 201)
- February 18 - Geotech, taught by Mike Oelrich (6:30 – 8:00, CE 201)
- February 24 - Solids, taught by John Scharf (5:30 – 7:00, via Zoom only)
- February 25 - Surveying/Construction Management, taught by Gary Fischer (6:30 – 8:00, CE 201)
- March 4 – Transportation, taught by Mike Degenstein (6:30 – 8:00, CE 201)
- For Thermodynamics review, please contact Mary Keeffe at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- For Chemistry review, please contact Kyle Strode at email@example.com to schedule.