President’s Office Assistant
President’s Office Assistant
Department: Office of the President
Purpose of Job: Assist the Office of the President with various duties
Job Summary: The Carroll College Office of the President is seeking a Student Assistant who is currently enrolled as a student at Carroll College. The Student Assistant serves as an aide to the Senior Executive Assistant to the President and the Office of the President. The successful applicant should demonstrate flexibility and be a team player. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively and possess good time management skills. Excellent customer service and people skills are essential. The Student Assistant should have some knowledge/proficiency of the Office 365 environment and Google Suite. The position requires a high level of confidentiality and requires the student to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Responsibilities: The President’s Office Student Assistant will help with maintaining scheduled office hours and assisting with the daily office operations. Duties include, but are not limited to,
- Answering the phone.
- Greeting and welcoming visitors, students, and staff who visit the President’s Office, as well as taking phone calls and messages, when the Senior Executive Assistant is unavailable.
- Maintaining an inventory of office supplies.
- Assisting with creating, checking, or sending mail.
- Drafting correspondence.
- Providing general office support, including photocopying.
- Uploading and tagging receipts to a credit card receipt management system.
- Creating bi-weekly newsletters.
- Provide support with projects or assignments as needed.
- Assisting with the President’s Lessons in Leadership Class if schedule allows.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 semester hours pre-credit or credit classes.
- Applicants must be in good academic standing and able to work without skipping meals or missing classes.
- Applicants should be willing to work 5-10 hours a week, and to plan ahead for anticipated absences (i.e. midterms and final exams).
- Proficiency in email and word processing programs.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent grammar skills.
- Previous office experience or equivalent education.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, customer service,
- A dedication to attention to detail
- Experience with data entry.
Special Working Conditions
- This position requires sitting at a desk in an office.
- This position has the potential for remote work in-between semesters depending on budget.
- This position often requires prolonged periods of viewing a computer screen.
- Occasionally, you may be required to lift or carry up to 25 pounds.
- This position sometimes requires on and off-campus errands.
How to Apply
Applicants who are interested should submit a resume and cover letter to Kara Paul (she/her) at email@example.com. Please be sure your cover letter and resume show:
- Any prior experience, knowledge, and/or education that allow you to meet the minimum and desired qualifications for this position.
- Provide employment history in a month/year format (e.g., 09/07 to 10/11) including your job title, job duties, and name of employer.
- Three professional references, preferably references who are current and/or former supervisors.
Employment Specifications: Work-Study Preferred
Wage Rate: $9.20/hour