Natural Gas

In the case of a natural gas leak, please follow these procedures:

  1. Evacuate the building. Use word of mouth or email to notify building occupants. Do not use the fire alarm.
  2. Call 911 to report the smell of natural gas.
  3. Call Facilities at 406.447.5420 to notify their office of the smell of natural gas.
  4. Do not turn on light switches if the smell of natural gas is apparent.
  5. Check everyone in the vicintiy for symptoms of dizziness and vomiting.  Notify Emergency Responders of individuals who need medical attention.
  6. Do not return to the evacuated building until directed by Emergency Responders or the college's Emergency Response Team.