Firearms Discharge/Shooter on Campus
If you hear the discharge of a firearm in a campus building or on the campus grounds, please call 911 immediately.
To protect your safety:
- If you are able to safely exit the building, please do do and alert others as quietly and as efficiently as possible. Find a safe location to relocate to that is away from the location where you heard the discharge of a firearm.
- If you are unable to safely exit the building, remain there and find a place to hide.
- Campus lockdown instructions will be sent by text message, voice mail and/or campus email.
- Lock the room door from the inside or barricade the door if possible.
- Turn off lights, get down on the floor and remain quiet--including silencing your cell phone.
- Stay away from windows and entrances to the building.
- Do not open exterior doors to unknown persons.
- Stay calm and do not approach the shooter.
- If the shooter enters your area, make every attempt to disarm the shooter or run to the nearest exit.
- Wait for notification from Emergency Responders or from the college's Emergency Response Team that the building is safe.
- Provide assistance to others as needed.