Evacuation - Building
Some incidents, emergencies and disasters require evacuation of a building.
The four steps to exit a building safely are:
4. Report Ability to Assist Others
The policy of Carroll College is that all occupants will evacuate the building immediately in the event of activiation of the fire alarm system or other means of notification. Employees will evacuate using the closest available marked exit. When an employee is away from their assigned work area, they will evacuate the building using the same route as the employees in that location.
Important factors to remember:
- Follow the evacuation routes posted in the room unless otherwise advised.
- Close your office or classroom door, but leave unlocked.
- Do not touch the light switches or touch or handle anything suspicious.
- Walk as fast as possible, but do not run.
- Do not return to your work area to retrieve personal items.
- Help those who need assistance.
- If the closest exit is unavailable, use next nearest exit.
- If the designated assembly area is unavailable, please use the Upper Level of the Campus Center as the primary assembly area. The secondary assembly area will be in the PE Center Gym.
- All employees are required to remain at their assembly area until instructed otherwise.
- If anything suspicious is noted report this information immediately to an Emergency Response Team member.
Carroll College employees, students and guest may be asked to evacuate a building. If so, please evacuate the building to the designated assembly location for the building. Report any missing individuals to the Building Action Team Coordinator.
|All Saints Chapel||Corette Library, Main Floor|
|Anthrozoology House||Trinity Hall, Main Lounge|
|Borromeo Hall||Campus Center, Upper Lounge|
|Campus Apartments||Fortin Science Center, Schola Lounge|
|Campus Center||Trinity Hall, Main Lounge|
|Campus Houses||Campus Center, Upper Lounge|
|Civil Engineering||Fortin Science Center, Scola Lounge|
|Corette Library||Guad Hall, Main Lounge|
|Facilities House||Trinity Hall, Main Lounge|
|Fortin Science Center||Campus Center, Upper Level|
|Guad Hall||PE Center, Lobby|
|Hunthausen Activity Center||PE Center, Lobby|
|Nelson Stadium||PE Center, Lobby|
|O'Connell Hall||Campus Center, Upper Level|
|PE Center||Nelson Stadium, Concessions Area|
|ROTC House||Trinity Hall, Lounge|
|Simperman Hall||Campus Center, Upper Level|
|St. Albert Fall||Corette Library, Main Floor|
|St. Charles Hall||Campus Center, Upper Level|
|Trinity Hall||Campus Center, Upper Level|
|Waterbarn||Fortin Science Center, Scola Lounge|