100 dpi triangle image pattern
Directions: Left click on the 100 dpi triangle image pattern below and copy it into Microsoft Paint or equivilent application (like Paintbrush).
- Three 100 dpi triangle image patterns printed out on an overhead transparency (See video description below for a link to the 100 dpi triangle image pattern)
- One 6-inch diameter Embroidery hoop
- One yard of 230 tpi monofilament polyester silk screen mesh (tpi = threads per inch)
- One Speedball diazo photo emulsion kit that contains: 7 oz of photo emulsion, 1 oz of photo emulsion sensitizer, and 8 oz of photo emulsion remover.
- One 4-inch Squeegee
- One standard overhead projector with a 360W halogen bulb (Remove the Fresnel lens from the projector)
- Three different metal ink solutions plus the two ink solutions for your Fe and Cu internal standards.
- The ink solutions are 0.5 M metal nitrate salts dissolved in "ink base" solution
- To make 500 ml of Ink base solution for silk screening: Add 150 mL of ethylene glycol and 12.89 g of polyethylene glycol into a 500 mL volumetric flask. Then add distilled water to the 500 mL volumetric flask until the final volume of the mixture is 500 mL (i.g. dilute to volume).
- Fluorine doped Tin Oxide (FTO) glass plates (3”x3")(TEC15)
- Objects to lift up the silk screen to provide off-contact (to be explained later in the video-- having a few extra FTO glass plates will suffice)
- One Sharpie pen
- One glass scribe pen
- Tape or Staples
- Heat Gun or Blow Dryer