What is CARE Team?
The CARE Team supports students through challenges in their Carroll College career by problem-solving, connecting students to on- and off-campus resources, and fostering self-advocacy and resilience to overcome future barriers.
Common areas of concern we support students through are mental health, academic challenges, social or interpersonal conflict, and balancing life commitments both on- and off-campus.
Who can Activate the CARE Team?
- Student (Self-Report only)
How to Activate the CARE Team?
- Faculty and Staff submit the Student of Concern form
- Found on MyCarroll on the left side-bar (requires ID and password)
- Emailed to entire campus the third week of each semester
- CANNOT report other students
- Can self-report, seeking CARE Team services by submitting the CARE Team Self-Assessment
- Provided to them on request or referral
- Please contact Dean of Students, Annette Walstad, if you are concerned about a student
CARE Team members
- Deidre Casey: Campus Minister
- Zack Eckerdt: Director of Housing
- Jason Grimmis: Director of Campus Safety and Security
- Jessica Gruber: Assistant Director of Counseling in the Wellness Center
- Cheri Long: Director of Academic Advising
- Annette Walstad: Dean of Students
- Kris Ward: Head Athletic Trainer
- Kelly Zimmerman: Director of Accessibility and Testing Services