What is A Peer Minister?
Campus Ministry has a group of 15 students who live in the residence halls called Peer Ministers. These peer ministers carry on the tradition of fostering fellowship and goodwill on campus, work in building community on the floors, and help in creating a positive campus atmosphere for students.
Each Peer Minister considers themself a resource to assist and counsel other students when needed. They also lead Bible studies, but these may not always take the “customary” form.
Grace Steele, a senior majoring in elementary education from Wasougal, Washington, co-led a Bible study in which yarn and the Gospels intertwined.
Some of the girls were interested in doing crafts, so we taught everyone how to knit, and we would talk about the Gospels as we knit. We made quite a few scarves as a result and gave them to a local homeless shelter called 'God’s Love.'
Most importantly, though, these students are available to be a presence encouraging faith on campus. Peer Ministers encourage students to make their relationship with God an important part of their journey at Carroll.
Who is Your 2018-19 Peer Minister?
- Ground Women's: Julia Malmo
- 1st Women's: Rose Ramos
- 2nd Women's: Maija Hadwin
- 3rd Women's: Rachel Becthel
- 1st Women's (St. Joe's): Abra Casey
- 2nd Men's: Brett Rotz
- 3rd Men's: Jamie Severson
In St. Charles
- 2nd Main Women's: Katie Buckner
- 3rd Main Women's: Nicole Kraut
- 4th Main Women's: Hannah Sylvester
- 2nd South Men's: Carter Anderson
- 3rd South Men's: Gavin Cummings
- 4th South Men's: John Cooney
- Women: Taylor Thompson
- Men: Logan Meeks