What is A Peer Minister?
Campus Ministry has a group of 15 students who live in the residence halls called Peer Ministers. These peer ministers carry on the tradition of fostering fellowship and goodwill on campus, work in building community on the floors, and help in creating a positive campus atmosphere for students.
Each Peer Minister considers themself a resource to assist and counsel other students when needed. They also lead Bible studies, but these may not always take the “customary” form.
Grace Steele, a senior majoring in elementary education from Wasougal, Washington, co-led a Bible study in which yarn and the Gospels intertwined.
Some of the girls were interested in doing crafts, so we taught everyone how to knit, and we would talk about the Gospels as we knit. We made quite a few scarves as a result and gave them to a local homeless shelter called 'God’s Love.'
Most importantly, though, these students are available to be a presence encouraging faith on campus. Peer Ministers encourage students to make their relationship with God an important part of their journey at Carroll.
Who is Your Peer Minister?
- 1st Men's: Alex Broyles
- 2nd Men's: Michael Bradt
- 3rd Men's: Wyatt Smith
- Basement Women's: Courtenay Perry
- 1st Women's: Mackenzie Redman
- 2nd Women's: Heather Huguet
- 3rd Women's: Molly Kate Stein
In St. Charles
- 2nd South Men's: Scott Kahle
- 3rd South Men's: Baird Linke
- 4th South Men's: Joseph Zepeda
- 2nd Main Women's: Rachel Miles
- 3rd Main Women's: Kaycee Brustkern
- 4th Main Women's: Ximena Mendieta
- 2nd Floor Women's: Lizzy Younce
- Basement Men's: John Bartlett