Residential Life & Housing

More than 95 percent of first-year students live on campus, and we offer a variety of residence halls and apartment living.

Housing Applications Open March 14!

Visit the Housing Application Site for more information

Additional important information: 

  • All applications are submitted through Carroll College eRezLife .
  • Housing applications are available to enrolled Carroll College Students.
  • Assignments are provided on a rolling basis, and each class level has a unique application process and building availability. 

Summer Housing Applications 

Carroll College students can apply for Summer Housing through their eRezLife profile. Utilize the "2022 Summer Housing Application to request Summer Housing now!

Additional important information: 

  • All Carroll College students have access to summer residential housing at a rate of $85.00 per week for a double room, or $125.00 per week for a single room (based on availability). 
  • Carroll College students enrolled in summer coursework, or working 15 hours per week for Carroll College will receive the discounted rate of $65.00 per week for any room type. 
  • Students transitioning from Spring to Summer Housing will not see an interruption of service, and will be provided housing until their summer assignment is available. 
  • Summer tenants are required to pay summer housing fees prior to move-in. 

End of Semester Extended Stay

Spring residents may request additional checkout time for the following reasons:

  • As a graduating student
  • Serving in the Commencement Ceremony
  • As part of a required athletic event/training
  • As part of a required academic event, as approved by a faculty member
  • Extenuating and unforeseeable circumstances

All residents who wish to stay must fill out the "Spring 2022 - Extended Stay Housing" form found on eRezLife, under "My forms".  

Living on Campus

You may have heard that since the start of COVID, everyone wants to live in Montana. The result of that has been a dramatic shortage of housing in our communities, including the greater Helena area. 

Thankfully, Carroll has rooms available for our students at this time, and we do not immediately foresee any need to force students to move off-campus into that challenging marketplace anytime soon. 

Of course, there are more advantages to living on campus at Carroll than merely cost and availability, such as not having to shovel snow or dealing with a morning commute. Life in any of our residence halls is where you’ll experience the kind of moments that shape who you become, foster lifelong friendships, and broaden your perspective on the world.

Each of our residence facilities has a unique energy and feel. No matter where you live on campus, your home—and the friends who share it with you—will be a distinct source of pride during your time here.

To promote a positive living and learning environment, Residential Life & Housing is responsible for educational programming, group activity advising, leadership development, student conduct, peer counseling, housing administration, and resource referral for students. A Resident Assistant (RA), a student paraprofessional trained to address the needs of students, lives on all residence hall floors. An Area Coordinator of Residential Life & Housing, a professional trained in hall administration, community development, and staff supervision, supports each residence area.

Housing Options

Residential Life & Housing at Carroll College provides you with a safe living and learning environment. See the different housing options we offer on campus. Additionally, we ask you to pack accordingly for your college experience.

Residential Life & Housing at Carroll will provide you with a bed, mattress, closet, desk, desk chair, and wi-fi internet access. Items you may want to pack include:

  • Bedding sheets, blankets, comforters and a pillow. (Campus beds are 72 inches long so extra-long sheets are suggested)
  • Towels and wash cloths
  • Alarm clock
  • Computer
  • Television
  • Fridge (4.5 cubic feet or smaller)
  • Small microwave
  • Music (stereo, radio, MP3 player)
  • Surge-protected power strips
  • Reading lamp, area rug, posters, poster putty, framed photos
  • Laundry bag, detergent, dryer sheets, stain stick, rolls of quarters
  • Toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, razors, hair dryer, shower tote
  • Calculator, dictionary, paper, pens, pencils, pencil sharpener, ruler, tape, scissors, and backpack
  • Clothes, shoes, hangers
  • Only allowable pet: Fish (Fish bowl may not be more than 5 gallons, fish food). For exceptions such as service or emotional support animals, you must apply and register your animal using the Animals on Campus Registration Packet.

Residential Life & Housing at Carroll College provides you with a safe living and learning environment. To enhance the safety of all residents living in a community, we ask you to not bring these items with you to college:

  • Toaster ovens, electric skillets, oil corn poppers, and hot plates
  • Space heaters, camp stoves, and fuel canisters
  • Candles, incense, and incense burners
  • Paintball guns, hunting knives, firearms, and ammunition
  • Extension cords/power strips without surge protection
  • Lofts for beds
  • Waterbeds
  • Air conditioners
  • Pets other than fish. For exceptions such as service or emotional support animals, you must apply and register your animal using the Animals on Campus Registration Packet.

Information for hunters: Carroll College offers storage for hunting rifles brought to campus in a case or storage-type container. All hunting rifles must be unloaded and ammunition placed in a separate container. Hunting rifles cannot be stored in a student's room in campus housing or in a student's vehicle. Contact the Residential Life & Housing Office at (406) 447-4532 to make arrangements to check-in a firearm to the college's weapon storage prior to arrival on campus.

Policies and Code of Conduct

Please see the Student Handbook for the Carroll Code of Student Conduct and all residence hall and Carroll College policies.

Campus Dining

Dining at Carroll is provided by Sodexo Dining Services and features menus that are as healthy and nutritious as they are delicious. There are four meal plans from which to choose—ranging from unlimited access to the offerings of our St. Thomas Aquinas Commons (STAC) dining hall, to smaller meal plans for commuter students.

In addition to the STAC, you’ll also have access to Jazzman’s, Tres Habaneros, and Simply To Go, at which you can use cash or meal cards that are purchased or come as part of your meal plan.

Questions or concerns? 

Email our team at