Pick up Softball Release forms, Rules, and Roster Forms in the Upper Cube or online on the Softball Web Page.
Team Captains must attend a Softball Weekend mandatory meeting held on April 11th at noon in Trinity Lounge. At the meeting turn in your Roster and Responsible Student Conduct Agreement Forms along with the $100 team fee.
- Explanation of Weekend - non-alcohol softball tournament (safety)
- Responsible Student Conduct Agreement (making good decisions)
- The Rules (what the weekend will look like) (Go over Covid Rules)
- Only current students and employees are legal to play on your team
Questions and Answers
- Captains putting together teams and team fees (rosters)
- Teams with Inappropriate names will not be added to the roster.
Deadlines and Team Shirts
All are asked to play on only one team. If you must a maximum of 2. Club funds cannot be used to pay for shirts or for Team Fees!!
Having Fun is what this is all about... Let's celebrate life and friendship and a great weekend!
- The Team Rosters,
- A Conduct Form from every person on your team,
- and the $100 fee
- Must be turned in as one package! By Noon on Monday April 11th – the schedule will be created that night and no other teams will be allowed to enter. This means you will have to have attached to your roster the signed student conduct form from everyone on your team.
- We will be playing at Batch Fields which are the very nice softball fields located further down Benton Ave next to Carroll and the Golf Course. The Helena Umpires Association has been hired and we have been working with the Helena Softball Association to organize this tournament.
Team Name and Team Shirts Must be Appropriate!!
Title Nine rule for all Colleges!! This is very important! Due to Title Nine regulations the content of the shirts must be appropriate. "Carroll College is committed to providing an environment that is free from harassment and discrimination based on race, color, or national origin, or because of age, physical or mental disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, creed, religion or sex. In addition, team names which reflect the use or abuse of alcohol or other drugs will not be allowed."
Rules to follow when creating a team name for Softball Weekend: After consideration is given to all relevant possible meanings of the name - would a reasonable person find the intent of the name acceptable? "Would a Reasonable Person find it offensive? Can the name of your team be considered as harassment against someone else? Reasonable Person: "A phrase frequently used in tort and Criminal Law to denote a hypothetical person in society who exercises average care, skill, and judgment in conduct and who serves as a comparative standard for determining liability." “It’s On Us” to make sure we all take care of, and respect one another!