Presidential COVID-19 Update: October 11, 2020
Dear Faculty, Staff, and Students,
Over the weekend it was confirmed that Carroll College has some additional COVID-19 cases on campus. Staff have been working to move students into isolation or quarantine, and volunteers have continued to provide food and other support.
As we continue to work on this, please know:
- Students identified as part of a potential cluster are being tested on Monday.
- Some activities are being restricted where it is suspected the outbreak may have occurred.
- We continue to work closely with Lewis and Clark Public Health to identify contacts.
And please, do your part:
- If you are ill, have been identified as a close contact of someone with COVID-19 or have been informed you are positive for COVID-19, please follow the guidelines on the Marching Back Plan and fill out the appropriate form.
- Wear your mask, maintain appropriate physical distance and wash your hands frequently.
- Students, if you are asymptomatic, please consider getting tested Monday or Tuesday in the Wellness Center between 9AM-12PM or 1PM-4PM as well as at the P.E. Center from 12PM-2PM.
As we all know, our state and our county have been experiencing an uptick in COVID-19 cases for the past several weeks. It appears at this point that our cases are related to that. This will take some extra diligence on all of our parts to ensure it does not spread more widely on campus.
The Marching Back team will meet on Monday to continue to discuss the college response to COVID-19 and refine the plans that are in place. We will communicate more with the campus during the week as we learn more information.
John E. Cech, Ph.D., President
Carroll College Marching Back Task Force