As we continue these pandemic days, two things seem clear: the world needs Saints, and we could all use an occasion to celebrate as a community. To that end, we extend an invitation to Saints scattered around the nation and the globe.
Join the extended community of Carroll College Saints, including alumni, parents, and friends, for an evening of celebration and support. And this year, due to the creativity inspired by the present circumstances, you can participate no matter where you are in the world.
On Friday, November 6th, 2020, from 6:30-7:35 p.m., Carroll College will host its virtual version of our Founders Gala. Naturally, we cannot gather in person, and so this year, we plan to connect a series of households or small and appropriately intimate gatherings from all across the nation together.
Saints, while we are separated by space, we are united in support of one another and of Carroll College.
Together, we can break free from the lives of self-interest, and remember our life is not about us.
Together, we can encourage one another to give our lives away in love.
Together, we can keep striving to be Saints.
Together, we can ensure that every prospective student can afford this life-changing education.
Together, we can ensure that Carroll College continues to form the young people our world so desperately needs.
The only real sadness, the only real failure, the only great tragedy in life, is not to become a saint.” – Léon Bloy
The 2020 Founders Gala will be organized around approximately 35 minutes of live stream content, available through a central “hub” that brings us together no matter where we are in the world. You will find community with other Saints and supporters while also celebrating the essence of what a Carroll education seeks to impart.
Since its foundation, Carroll College has been dedicated to an education that is non-scholae sed vitae—Not For School, But For Life.” An education for life means so much more than professional skills or an emphasis on practical, experiential education. We help our students to see that they will never find the happiness they seek by striving to fulfill their desires. Rather, they must give their lives away in love. They must offer their lives in service to others, to a world in need, and there they will find joy.
At this event, we are excited to premiere the inspirational story of a Carroll Saint who powerfully witnesses to a life given away in love.
Attendees will also have an opportunity to support Carroll College, and partner with us in forming more young people who will change our world for the better, who will strive to be Saints.
How you can participate
The pandemic presents different participation challenges for everyone, based on their geographic location and other individual circumstances. Thus, you have many options for participation:
- We hope to have as many people as possible coordinate small and appropriately intimate gatherings, such that the evening of Friday, November 6th, finds Saints around the world gathering “together.”
- For those who feel comfortable gathering together in a small group, you are encouraged to use your own creativity to the event. Some Saints may hold a “Black Tie” dinner, while others a backyard barbeque or a Hawaiian-themed “Luau.”
- You may choose to invite a guest list of your choosing, and we encourage you to share with your guests that Carroll College will be seeking financial support in its programming during the evening.
- Naturally, not everyone will be able to participate in even a small and intimate gathering, given their personal circumstances or the state of the pandemic in their area. In such instances, you may reserve the evening of Friday, November 6th, for Carroll, and celebrate with us in the privacy of your own home.
- If you cannot, or would rather not, join us for the event, you are invited to support us both in prayer and with a financial gift to support the mission of Carroll College.
Below is a map of the locations registered for the 2020 Founders Gala thus far - it's your turn to get in on the fun!
What this event supports
In keeping with previous years, gifts to the 2020 Founders Gala will support student scholarships at Carroll College, helping to ensure that every student who desires to attend has the opportunity to do so.
To register for the 2020 Founders Gala, please complete this form by answering a few simple questions about how you would like to participate