AdvancePoint Capital’s expertise and experience with guiding finances mean we have first-hand experience with understanding the difficulties students are facing as they pursue their educational journey.
According to Federal Reserve reports from 2018, student loan debt has reached over a trillion dollars. Many students and aspiring students are not able to begin or continue their education due to the financial burden of student loan debt.
AdvancePoint Capital would like to be a leader in promoting financial literacy. Our entry requirement is for students to explore financial literacy and to elaborate on how they plan to manage their own debt. In collating essays written by students, from their experience, we hope to bring awareness to this issue and provide a body of text that can be used to inspire students to manage their finances.
In the knowledge of the pressures and difficulties students and their families are experiencing to advance their futures, we have created a $1000 scholarship for undergraduate students that are getting their first step on the ladder.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited US college or university for the semester they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Applicants are not required to have a specific Major.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Students attending online universities are welcome to apply.
Required Application Details
- Please write a 1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
- Why is it important to be financially literate as a student?
- Have you set up your own plan to help you prepare for student fees?
- If selected for this award, how would this scholarship assist you in completing your studies?
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill.
- Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
- Please submit The AdvancePoint Capital’s Financial Literacy Scholarship form linked below.
How to Apply
Please complete the linked form with the following information to apply:
The AdvancePoint Capital’s Financial Literacy Scholarship
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- An essay answering the above questions. Please submit as .pdf or .doc
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by August 1 annually.
A winner will be selected and notified via email by August 15 annually.