ANZ Transfer Pathway
Anthrozoology Transfer Pathway
This information will help guide students to prepare to apply for transfer into the Carroll College Anthrozoology program. All students need a minimum of 122 semester credits to obtain a bachelor’s degree from Carroll and the maximum number of lower division credits that can be transferred to Carroll is 60 semester/90 quarter.
Students thinking about transferring into anthrozoology should consider transferring after their first year in college as it takes three years to complete the course requirements for the major due to the sequencing of the required courses.
(Carroll College course equivalents are in parentheses.)
Biology: pre-requisite for canine science and equine science
- Human Biology (BI 102) with a lab component. Must include cellular function and anatomy/physiology.
- OR Biological Principles I (BI171) with a lab component (pre-professional track*)
- OR Human Anatomy & Physiology (BI 201) with a lab component
Math: pre-requisite for research methods
- Introduction to Statistics (MA 207)
- OR Probability and Statistics (MA 315) (suggested for pre-vet students)
- General Psychology / Intro to Psychology (PSY 105)
- OR Intro to Sociology (SO 101)
- Learning and Cognition (PSY 202) - pre-requisite for canine training
- Any business course
Suggested courses to fulfill some of Carroll College’s core requirements**
- English composition with a research component (ENWR 102)
- Any history course
- Any fine arts course
- Basic / Intro to communication (CO 101)
- Any philosophy course
Suggested courses to meet pre-vet requirements (or take at Carroll College)
- Biological Principles II (BI 172)
- Revised November 2017-Based on the 2017-18 catalog
- General Chemistry I and II (CH 101-102)
- Physics I (PHYS 201)
- Biochemistry (CH 353)
- Organic Chemistry (CH 301)
- Pre-calculus (MA 112) or Calculus (MA 121)
- Genetics (BI 281)
Additional requirements for pre-PT and pre-OT should be reviewed on individual basis.
*Note: Pre-Professional = Pre-Vet, Pre-PT, Pre-OT. Pre-professional students in other disciplines, such as psychology, should contact the appropriate Carroll College department for information.
**Students who have obtained a bachelor’s degree or a transferrable associate degree will have fulfilled all of our core requirements except for Introduction to Theology (TH 101) and one philosophy course. If a philosophy course has already been taken as part of the bachelors or associate degree then students will only need to take TH 101 to fulfill all of Carroll’s core requirements.
Suggested first year courses
- Social Science
- English Composition
- Basic/Intro to Communication
- Fine Art