Mind Body Spirit
Happy New Year, Saints!
The campus remains quiet this week with move-in for spring semester scheduled for the weekend. It's always exciting when the students return and the campus comes alive again! Given that the students have been gone since Thanksgiving, it's been quiet for much longer than usual this time of year.
This week we share a message about perspective from Gretchen Rubin, a writer who explores human nature in an effort to understand how we can make our lives better. It's a short message and we hope you find it thought-provoking.
Also included is an article on Nick Pacella '04, MSN, CNS, and his contributions to the healthcare field while serving in the Army. "This article reinforces the importance of the humanities and liberal arts education in providing holistic nursing care," shared Nursing Department Chair Karmen Williams, MSN, RN.
This week we are proud to share these resources:
Gretchen Rubin's "What We See Depends Very Much on Where We Stand" message about perspective can be heard or read here.
We ran across a fun video that our Marketing & Communications put together at the end of last semester and while it is about Christmas traditions and gifts, it's very fun to hear the student's stories! Watch here.
In the spirit of recognizing our graduates as they make a difference in the world, we want to include a story about nursing graduate Nick Pacella '04, MSN, CNS. Nick is featured in an article titled, "The Importance of Human Connection in Palliative Care" in Point Loma Nazarene's Viewpoint magazine. Read the article here.
May 2021 bring you blessings and good health!
Cynthia (McCarvel) Thornquist
Events & Communication Manager
Office of Institutional Advancement
- Week 23: "Star of Bethlehem" light show
- Week 22: Saturday Night Live Christmas
- Week 21: Dr. Katherine Greiner's Exploring St. Bonaventure's The Soul's Journey into God presentation
- Week 20:
- Week 19: Día de los Muertos.
- Week 18: Dr. Fregulia's "First Taste of Chocolate in the Ivory Coast" video.
- Week 17: Carroll History Room and Simperman Learning Commons launch.
- Week 16: Send ideas for Spirit Weekend
- Week 15: None
- Week 14: Article from alumnae Katherine Skillestad Winans '90.
- Week 13: "Maskin' a Smile" is sure to make you smile.
- Week 12: Gavin Cummings '19 shares his witty perspective on the "Sign of Peace"
- Week 11: Jason DeShaw, '03 PTSD and other mental challenges livestream
- Week 10: People's list of books to escape
- Week 9: Faculty podcasts from the library's "Carroll Creates" page.
- Week 8: Chemistry professor Dr. John Rowley chemical reaction presentation. Plus, great photos from the Chemistry department.
- Week 7: Listen to this gratitude meditation, and learn how to practice mindful gratefulness.
- Week 6: Check out old Prospectors and Hilltoppers
- Week 5: Dr. Jeanette Fregulia lecture: "Coffee, for an addict like me, is the key to the day"
- Week 4: Dr. Meyer: Fur, Fins, Feathers, and the Love of God: Introducing Ecological Theology
- Week 3: COVID-19 Presentations and Q/A
- Week 2: A Dream Escape
- Week 1: Innovative distance learning
- Week 23: Casey's YouTube recordings
- Week 22: Curtis Grevenitz: A few ways to enjoy the outdoors!
- Week 21: A semester unlike any other!
- Week 20:
- Week 19: "Tiptoe through the Tulips?" with Carolyn Radakovich '05.
- Week 18: How the Pandemic is Changing our Exercise Habits
- Week 17: The virtual 2020 Founders Gala
- Week 16: Saints Shoppe Sale
- Week 15: None
- Week 14: Easy challenges to help you spend time productively and lift your spirits!
- Week 13: CAMP Director Brad Maddock '12 gets you ready for an overnight backpacking trip.
- Week 12: Dan '07 and Andrea '06 Thies have mastered the art of making cheese from goat's milk.
- Week 11: 8 foods that may help you catch a little more shut-eye during these uncertain times
- Week 10: Podcast #235, "Meditating in a Pandemic" from "Ten Percent Happier"
- Week 9: Use #ccmbs and #
carrollcollegemindbodyspirit to share what you recently tried.
- Week 8: Sleeping Well Ted Talk
- Week 7: Devan Hromchik '16 shares her thoughts about why she finds the practice of BodyFlow important.
- Week 6: Make this kite or this this kite or this paper airplane.
- Week 5: Making Health and Nutrition a Priority During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic and Harvard School of Public Health
- Week 4: Laurie Gaffney: Mindful experience.
- Week 3: Deb O'Neill: Oula on Facebook
- Week 2: Katie Astle Goedde Facebook workout
- Week 1: Sunday Funday Family Work In
- Week 23: Madeleine L'Engle: Christmas Poem
- Week 22:
- Week 21: Katherine Skillestad Winans Thanksgiving prayer
- Week 20:
- Week 19: 25% Carroll Spirit Wear with the code "Spooktakular20"
- Week 18: 2010 National Championship Football game
- Week 17: Carroll named #1 Regional College in the West by US News
- Week 16: 911 Blood Drive
- Week 15: Monsignor Kevin O'Neill '73 offered a prayer for all of the campus community
- Week 14: A prayer for the beginning of a new school year.
- Week 13: Road trip playlist. iTunes or Spotify
- Week 12: Recipe for "S'Mores Indoors"
- Week 11: Golden Grad Joe Petkewich, '70 Carroll memories
- Week 10: Kyle Baker '06, SJ, posted a beautiful conversation he had with God
- Week 9: Alumna Maureen "Moe" Boyle's '93, son is a talented violinist and holds live weekly concerts
- Week 8: Share a message with Candie Cain in the spirit of joy
- Week 7: Start a gratitude journal
- Week 6: Carroll grad, Dan Thies, 2007, concert
- Week 5: "Purple and Gold in Black and White" – Carroll student art show.
- Week 4: #CarrollMindBodySpirit and #CCMBS
- Week 3:
- Week 2: Fr. Marc: Meaningful message
- Week 1: Fr. Marc: Campus Ministry page