Mind Body Spirit
If you are still considering signing up for the virtual 2020 Founders Gala, do it now! All registrants will be included in a drawing for a $250 Amazon gift certificate and a $100 Saints' Shoppe gift certificate.
The Corette Library invites local alumni to write a message or share a prayer for someone you have lost, or to place a picture or an offering on the el Día de los Muertos altar they have on display in the entryway of the library. Día de los Muertos is a multi-day holiday celebrated throughout Mexico and parts of Latin American that honors loved ones who have died. It is a beautiful way to honor your loved ones and we invite you to participate.
This week we are proud to share these resources:
Día de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, is celebrated in the Corette Library. An interesting article about this holiday can be found here.
Next spring, wouldn't it be fun to "Tiptoe through the Tulips?" The tulips that you planted this fall that is. Carolyn Radakovich '05 recorded a short but helpful "how to" for those of you who have always wanted to have spring blooms but haven't done it yet. Watch it here.
Looking for a "spooky" good deal on your spirit wear for this winter? Enter the code "Spooktakular20" on Saturday, October 31, and you will receive 25% off all regular priced clothing and gifts. You can order online here.
The links to the events organized for Spirit Weekend are still available! Check them out here.
Cynthia (McCarvel) Thornquist
Events & Communication Manager
Office of Institutional Advancement
P.S. If you have signed up for the virtual Founders Gala, encourage your friends and family to do the same! It truly will be a fabulous night!
- Week 18: Dr. Fregulia's "First Taste of Chocolate in the Ivory Coast" video.
- Week 17: Carroll History Room and Simperman Learning Commons launch.
- Week 16: Send ideas for Spirit Weekend
- Week 15: None
- Week 14: Article from alumnae Katherine Skillestad Winans '90.
- Week 13: "Maskin' a Smile" is sure to make you smile.
- Week 12: Gavin Cummings '19 shares his witty perspective on the "Sign of Peace"
- Week 11: Jason DeShaw, '03 PTSD and other mental challenges livestream
- Week 10: People's list of books to escape
- Week 9: Faculty podcasts from the library's "Carroll Creates" page.
- Week 8: Chemistry professor Dr. John Rowley chemical reaction presentation. Plus, great photos from the Chemistry department.
- Week 7: Listen to this gratitude meditation, and learn how to practice mindful gratefulness.
- Week 6: Check out old Prospectors and Hilltoppers
- Week 5: Dr. Jeanette Fregulia lecture: "Coffee, for an addict like me, is the key to the day"
- Week 4: Dr. Meyer: Fur, Fins, Feathers, and the Love of God: Introducing Ecological Theology
- Week 3: COVID-19 Presentations and Q/A
- Week 2: A Dream Escape
- Week 1: Innovative distance learning
- Week 18: How the Pandemic is Changing our Exercise Habits
- Week 17: The virtual 2020 Founders Gala
- Week 16: Saints Shoppe Sale
- Week 15: None
- Week 14: Easy challenges to help you spend time productively and lift your spirits!
- Week 13: CAMP Director Brad Maddock '12 gets you ready for an overnight backpacking trip.
- Week 12: Dan '07 and Andrea '06 Thies have mastered the art of making cheese from goat's milk.
- Week 11: 8 foods that may help you catch a little more shut-eye during these uncertain times
- Week 10: Podcast #235, "Meditating in a Pandemic" from "Ten Percent Happier"
- Week 9: Use #ccmbs and #
carrollcollegemindbodyspirit to share what you recently tried.
- Week 8: Sleeping Well Ted Talk
- Week 7: Devan Hromchik '16 shares her thoughts about why she finds the practice of BodyFlow important.
- Week 6: Make this kite or this this kite or this paper airplane.
- Week 5: Making Health and Nutrition a Priority During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic and Harvard School of Public Health
- Week 4: Laurie Gaffney: Mindful experience.
- Week 3: Deb O'Neill: Oula on Facebook
- Week 2: Katie Astle Goedde Facebook workout
- Week 1: Sunday Funday Family Work In
- Week 18: 2010 National Championship Football game
- Week 17: Carroll named #1 Regional College in the West by US News
- Week 16: 911 Blood Drive
- Week 15: Monsignor Kevin O'Neill '73 offered a prayer for all of the campus community
- Week 14: A prayer for the beginning of a new school year.
- Week 13: Road trip playlist. iTunes or Spotify
- Week 12: Recipe for "S'Mores Indoors"
- Week 11: Golden Grad Joe Petkewich, '70 Carroll memories
- Week 10: Kyle Baker '06, SJ, posted a beautiful conversation he had with God
- Week 9: Alumna Maureen "Moe" Boyle's '93, son is a talented violinist and holds live weekly concerts
- Week 8: Share a message with Candie Cain in the spirit of joy
- Week 7: Start a gratitude journal
- Week 6: Carroll grad, Dan Thies, 2007, concert
- Week 5: "Purple and Gold in Black and White" – Carroll student art show.
- Week 4: #CarrollMindBodySpirit and #CCMBS
- Week 3:
- Week 2: Fr. Marc: Meaningful message
- Week 1: Fr. Marc: Campus Ministry page