Mind Body Spirit
Last week, I received an article written by Katherine Skillestad Winans '90, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist, which I have included in this week's message. She shares a story of a patient she worked with in therapy and the powerful message that she learned from this relationship. I hope the message resonates with you as well.
I've heard these days of working from home and directives to stay at home and spend time in small gatherings referred to as the funny movie, Groundhog Day, on repeat. I have to agree! In one of the blogs I follow, the writer talks about creating an "Atmosphere of Growth" to break up the monotony that many are feeling. I've included her suggestions on creating this atmosphere and hope you find a few of her suggestions worth exploring.
As schools welcome back students, there has been a great deal of of news surrounding how to do this safely and if our teachers and students will be safe. I have included a prayer I came across and invite you to read it in the coming weeks as schools open and new educational methods are put into place.
This week we are proud to share these resources:
Read this thoughtful article from alumnae Katherine Skillestad Winans '90 about how a patient's response.
Easy challenges to help you spend time productively and lift your spirits!
A prayer for the beginning of a new school year.
As summer continues to bring warmth and sunshine, we at Carroll hope you are enjoying time with family. If you have fun pictures, share them with us or on social media with the hashtags: #ccmbs and/or #carrollmindbodyspirit.
Cynthia (McCarvel) Thornquist
Events & Communication Manager
Office of Institutional Advancement
P.S. Join us in our campaign as "Together we will Unite as a Community."
- Week 13: "Maskin' a Smile" is sure to make you smile.
- Week 12: Gavin Cummings '19 shares his witty perspective on the "Sign of Peace"
- Week 11: Jason DeShaw, '03 PTSD and other mental challenges livestream
- Week 10: People's list of books to escape
- Week 9: Faculty podcasts from the library's "Carroll Creates" page.
- Week 8: Chemistry professor Dr. John Rowley chemical reaction presentation. Plus, great photos from the Chemistry department.
- Week 7: Listen to this gratitude meditation, and learn how to practice mindful gratefulness.
- Week 6: Check out old Prospectors and Hilltoppers
- Week 5: Dr. Jeanette Fregulia lecture: "Coffee, for an addict like me, is the key to the day"
- Week 4: Dr. Meyer: Fur, Fins, Feathers, and the Love of God: Introducing Ecological Theology
- Week 3: COVID-19 Presentations and Q/A
- Week 2: A Dream Escape
- Week 1: Innovative distance learning
- Week 13: CAMP Director Brad Maddock '12 gets you ready for an overnight backpacking trip.
- Week 12: Dan '07 and Andrea '06 Thies have mastered the art of making cheese from goat's milk.
- Week 11: 8 foods that may help you catch a little more shut-eye during these uncertain times
- Week 10: Podcast #235, "Meditating in a Pandemic" from "Ten Percent Happier"
- Week 9: Use #ccmbs and #
carrollcollegemindbodyspirit to share what you recently tried.
- Week 8: Sleeping Well Ted Talk
- Week 7: Devan Hromchik '16 shares her thoughts about why she finds the practice of BodyFlow important.
- Week 6: Make this kite or this this kite or this paper airplane.
- Week 5: Making Health and Nutrition a Priority During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic and Harvard School of Public Health
- Week 4: Laurie Gaffney: Mindful experience.
- Week 3: Deb O'Neill: Oula on Facebook
- Week 2: Katie Astle Goedde Facebook workout
- Week 1: Sunday Funday Family Work In
- Week 13: Road trip playlist. iTunes or Spotify
- Week 12: Recipe for "S'Mores Indoors"
- Week 11: Golden Grad Joe Petkewich, '70 Carroll memories
- Week 10: Kyle Baker '06, SJ, posted a beautiful conversation he had with God
- Week 9: Alumna Maureen "Moe" Boyle's '93, son is a talented violinist and holds live weekly concerts
- Week 8: Share a message with Candie Cain in the spirit of joy
- Week 7: Start a gratitude journal
- Week 6: Carroll grad, Dan Thies, 2007, concert
- Week 5: "Purple and Gold in Black and White" – Carroll student art show.
- Week 4: #CarrollMindBodySpirit and #CCMBS
- Week 3:
- Week 2: Fr. Marc: Meaningful message
- Week 1: Fr. Marc: Campus Ministry page