New Student Orientation
August 19-21, 2018
We’re very excited to welcome you to campus this fall! The New Student Orientation is designed to provide you with essential information related to academic requirements and campus resources at Carroll. In addition, orientation activities provide you the opportunity to make valuable connections with current faculty, staff and students.
Freshman Orientation shapes new students’ experiences by encouraging new friendship, discovering Helena, and absorbing a key part of the Carroll experience—helping others.
New Student Orientation
Carroll College would like to invite all new and transfer students--and their families--to join us for New Student Orientation. Move-in day is August 19. The student orientation program will be held from August 19-21. The parent orientation program will be held from Sunday evening, August 19, through Tuesday morning, August 21. For more information on New Student Orientation, contact Patrick Harris, Director of Student Activities and Leadership, at 406.447.4380 or on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome Week Activities
As part of the orientation process there are a number of welcome week events offered which allow students to meet new friends and become familiar with Carroll and the Helena Community. (More to come).
Helpful Tips for Orientation
- Dress comfortably. Students and parents will be dressed in casual clothes for Move-In Day and orientation. Wear comfortable shoes or sandals.
- Stay hydrated. Think about bringing a water bottle that you can refill between walks to campus buildings.
- Arrive early. Check-in for Guad Hall and St. Charles Hall begins at 10:00am on Move-In Day. Give yourself time to get unpacked before the orientation program starts at 4:00pm.
- Eat regular meals. Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner on Move-In Day to stay energized for unpacking, meeting new people and attending programs.
- Introduce yourself. Introduce yourself to everyone you meet, sit next to in a program, or visit with while sitting outside between sessions.
- Run errands. Know that you will have time to shop locally in Helena for room supplies, toiletries and groceries. Use free time to run errands.
- Ask questions. Ask any and all questions that you may have. If you need more time with a presenter, approach the speaker after a session is concluded.
- Have fun. Whether you are a new student or the parent of a new student, enjoy the start of this adventure at Carroll College!