The Enrollment Reservation
In order to confirm your intent to enroll at Carroll College as part of our entering class, you must submit an Enrollment Reservation fee. Recognizing the unprecedented financial challenges faced by families due to COVID-19 we are lowering our deposit amount for fall 2021 to $200. This enrollment deposit serves as a payment towards your tuition and housing bill for your first semester. The fee is non-refundable after December 15 for spring term and after May 1 for fall term.
Deposit now »
Instructions for Submitting your Enrollment Deposit
- Access the TouchNet Store. Select "Pay Enrollment Deposit," the deposit amount will be listed at the top.
- Enter your Carroll College Student ID number.
- Complete the required account information fields.
- Enter your PIN. Your PIN is your birthdate in mmddyy format.
- Click "continue" to add items to your cart.
- Review your order and "checkout."
- Enter your email address and credit card information.
- Confirm your billing information and "continue" to submit.
- The AQ can be re-sent to you if you can’t find the questionnaire.
- Upon successfully submitting your payment, you will receive a confirmation email with a confirmation number.
- Be sure to print the payment confirmation page.
Pay by mail
You may pay the enrollment reservation fee by check, money order or credit card. Checks and money orders should be made payable to Carroll College.
Please send your payment to the Admission Office with your name and student ID# to the address below:
Carroll College Admission Office
1601 N. Benton Ave.
Helena, MT 59625
I Submitted My Deposit. Now What?
Congratulations! We are happy that you will be a member of the Carroll student body for the upcoming semester!
- Submitted the apprpirate enrollment reservation fee?
- Finalized your financial aid award?
- Completed your housing agreement and meal plan selection?
Advising and class registration will begin in June for the fall semester and in early December for the spring semester. If you have submitted your enrollment deposit you will receive an email from the Office of Academic Advising inviting you to complete an Academic Questionnaire. This AQ will assist our academic advisors in building your first-semester schedule.
If you submitted your enrollment deposit by June (fall semester) or December (spring semester) and haven't received a questionnaire please check your email spam folder. If you still do not have it, please contact Jake Samuelson in the Office of Advising at (406) 447-5451 or email him at email@example.com. The AQ can be re-sent to you if you can’t find the questionnaire.