Approximately 90% of recent accounting seniors have completed accounting internships or been employed in career-related positions that benefitted both students and employers. Most accounting internships are paid and earn college credit. Some recent opportunities have included:
- Alaska Airlines
- Anderson ZurMuehlen – Certified Public Accountants & Business Advisors
- Carroll College Business Office
- Wipfli - Galusha Higgins & Galusha - A Professional Corporation of Certified Public Accountants and Advisors (listed among top 25 national firms)
- Heritage Propane
- JCCS – Certified Public Accountants and Business Advisors
- Montana Credit Union Network – VITA program
- Montana Department of Justice Gambling Control Division
- Montana Legislative Audit Division
- Accounting Controls Bureau & Budget, Montana Department of Transportation
- St Peter's Hospital
- Montana Veterans Foundation
- Schodair Children’s Hospital
Business Etiquette Dinner
Anderson ZurMuehlen – Certified Public Accountants & Business Advisors is among the sponsors of the Carroll College annual Etiquette Dinner where students have the opportunity to network with professionals while learning business dinner protocol. Anderson ZurMuehlen is a major provider in internships for Carroll College students.
Featured Alumni Outcomes
- CFO, Francisco Partners – a technology focused private equity firm in San Francisco
- Law degree, Notre Dame
- Tax Associate, PwC (Big 4 firm) - Washington, D.C.
- CPA/Shareholder, Anderson ZurMuehlen
- CPA/Shareholder, Wipfli-GHG (listed among top 25 national firms)
- Tax attorney- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen and Katz, New York City
- CPA, KPMG (Big 4 firm)- Anchorage
- Staff Accountant, Altman Rogers & Co. - Anchorage
- CPA/Staff accountant, Moss Adams (listed among top 25 national firms) - Washington
- CPA, Deloitte Touche (Big 4 firm)- Seattle
- CPA, Arthur Anderson (Big 4 firm)
- CPA, PricewaterhouseCooper (Big 4 firm) - Spokane
- Real Estate Broker - Portland
- Internal Control Analyst, National Renewable Energy Laboratory - Denver
- Accounting Manager - KPIT - California
- Senior Tax Analyst - Worldwide Reporting, Amazon - Seattle
- Benefits Manager, Morrison Maierle
- Financial Advisor - Denver
- National Marketing Consultant, Amazon
- Social Media Manager, Benelli - Washington, D.C.
- Senior Staff Accountant, Alaska Railroad
- Financial Reporting Consultant, Continucare Corp.
- Special Asset Officer, 1st Interstate Bank
- CPA/Accountant, MT National Army Guard
- Financial Compliance Auditor, Legislative Audit Division State of Montana
- Training Specialist at Minnesota Management & Budget - Minneapolis
- Corporate Tax Auditor, Montana Department of Revenue
- Accounting professor - Dickinson State University
"The Legislative Audit Division has operated an internship program for at least two decades, often hiring Carroll College students. Over the years, we've hired many of those interns for full-time audit positions....Carroll College students are well prepared for the work environment and have a strong work ethic. Their liberal arts background provides for creative thinking, as well as strong leadership and interpersonal skills, which are qualities we look for in potential full-time employees. We've always enjoyed working with Carroll College students and look forward to future opportunities to do so."
Cindy Jorgenson, Audit Manager, Legislative Audit Division
"We have found Carroll's intern program to be a very valuable tool for our Helena office in discovering talented staff. We've had accounting and other business majors take advantage of our program....We have found the program to be beneficial for both our firm and the students. In our intern program, the students are given real work assignments right away. They are included in our training programs and work side by side with our shareholders and staff. We look forward to including more Carroll students in our intern program."
Kevin Kelley, CPA, Shareholder, Anderson ZurMuehlen
"The JCCS Helena office has employed Carroll College accounting students for the past several years. These students have been an invaluable asset to the firm and we have hired several of these interns to full time positions in the Helena office and other offices of JCCS. We have used the interns to process tax returns, prepare tax returns, assist on audit engagements and perform bookkeeping and accounting work. We have found the quality of the Carroll College interns to be excellent both in the technical skills and in their interpersonal skills."
Brian Wickens, CPA, Junkermier, Clark, Campanella, Stevens P.C.