Welcome to the Faculty Development Website
Here, you'll find all kinds of information about and for our faculty members, including:
- due dates for funding and support from the Faculty Development Committee
- updates about our mentorship program
- instructions for applying for sabbaticals and course releases
- upcoming faculty development forums
- upcoming meetings for the "Teaching Circle"
- upcoming presenters and topics for our "Faculty Colloquium"
- a digital copy of our latest Faculty Accomplishments brochure
- other resources concerning internal and external faculty development opportunities
Faculty Mentorship Program
The FDC sponsors Carroll's Faculty Mentorship Program for new faculty! Interested in becoming a mentor? Contact Dr. Leslie Angel at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Elvira Roncalli at email@example.com.
Get more information on external professional development opportunities.
Teaching Circles: Please join in on the conversations about teaching at the teaching circle held several times each semester in the Maronick Boardroom in the Campus Center unless otherwise noted. For more information and specific dates and times, please contact Virginia Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sister Annette Moran Faculty Colloquium: Below will be a list of the faculty presentation dates for the 2015-2016 academic year. All colloquia will be held at 4pm in the Trinity Lounge. Refreshments will be provided. Details on the presenters and their topics will be provided as they become available.
Interested in presenting? Contact Charlotte Jones (email@example.com).
Awards and Grants
Congratulations to the following faculty members, each of whom won the following awards and grants:
- Teacher of the Year: Gary Fischer, P.E., Engineering
- Scholar of the Year: Dr. Bill Parsons, Political Science
- Jerry Berberet Summer Research and Writing Grants:
- Dr. Leslie Angel, Psychology
- Dr. Debra Bernardi, Languages and Literature
- Dr. Elvira Roncalli, Philosophy