Catch up or get ahead this summer!
Registration for Summer 2022 began March 16th
During the summer Carroll offers a wide variety of classes across disciplines, all of which will fulfill Core and/or particular major requirements.
Study at Carroll even if you won’t be in Helena! Many online and remote courses are available in a wide variety of subjects.
Pay a deeply discounted rate! At $700 per credit, summer tuition is discounted 55% from the regular undergraduate rate. Additional fees may apply; please see the Summer 2022 schedule of courses and the cost of attendance page for more detailed information.
Use your Financial Aid! You may be able to apply grants and loans to summer, depending on your eligibility.
Live on campus for a bargain price! Students taking summer school classes can live on campus for a very low price. Check back in early April for more information on summer housing paperwork.
Summer 2022 Session Dates
Three-week, six-week, and twelve-week sessions are available during the dates below. No classes on Monday, May 30 (Memorial Day) or Monday, July 4 (Fourth of July).
|Undergraduate Courses||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
|Summer 3W||May 23 -|
June 10, 2022
|June 13 -|
June 30, 2022
|July 5 -|
July 22, 2022
|July 25 -|
August 12, 2022
|Summer 6W||May 23 -|
June 30, 2022
|July 5 -|
August 12, 2022
| || |
|Summer 12W||May 23 -|
August 12, 2022
| || || |
|Online Course Exchange||May 23 - July 3, 2022||June 27 - August 14 or 21, 2022|| || |
Additional special sessions are also offered for field experiences and other experiential learning courses.
Summer School Academic and Payment Policies for Undergraduates:
- After registration opens, courses may be added through the first day of class, except for online consortium courses that require more advanced notice (for Summer 2022, the registration deadline for online consortium courses is June 8, 2022).
- Payment for summer courses is due on the Wednesday before the first day of class, and courses may be dropped for a 100% refund through 4:00 p.m. that same day.
- From the Wednesday before the first day of class through the first day of class, courses may be dropped for a 50% refund and without a "W" grade.
- Beginning the second day of class, students will receive a "W" grade for dropping a course and no refunds will be issued.
- Students may withdraw with a "W" grade through approximately the first 3/4 of the class.
- Add, drop, payment, refund, and withdraw dates for each course can be found on the Academic Calendar webpage -- see Print View for the 2021-2022 calendar, appendices A and B.
Online Course Exchange Courses:
Carroll College is a member of the Online Course Exchange of Independent Colleges and Universities (OCICU). Through this partnership, Carroll is able to expand our online offerings in the summer by facilitating our students’ enrollment in a variety of courses provided by institutions such as Regis University and Felician University.
Students will not need to enroll in transfer credits but rather will register for online exchange courses through Self-Service Student Planning. The tuition for these courses will be billed to the Carroll student account at the regular summer tuition rate and will be recorded on the student’s official Carroll transcript. Students will be given access to the course provider’s learning management system (e.g. Moodle, Blackboard, etc.) and will complete the online course alongside other students throughout the course .
Online course exchange course dates will vary slightly from Carroll’s typical undergraduate summer session dates. These courses are generally eight weeks long.
Online course exchange courses are easily identified in the schedule with an “OC” at the end of the section letter, as well as “Online with: ” and the institution in the Additional Information. Please note that Carroll College’s academic and financial policies and deadlines will apply to these courses.
Accelerated Nursing Postbaccalaureate Summer Courses: May 23 - August 12, 2022
Master of Accountancy Graduate Summer Courses: May 23 - August 12, 2022
View List of Summer 2022 Courses & Deadlines (PDF)
Search Summer Courses with Full Details
If you need instructions in order to register for summer classes, please select an option below.
Visiting students and auditors, follow these steps to register:
- Check out the Class Schedule to view the full list of available courses
- Under Term, select Summer 2022 and select Search. The initial list will display the available courses and their descriptions.
- Select the View Available Sections drop-down arrow to see more detailed information about each offering. For even more details, select the title of the course.
- Complete the Non-Degree Application and Registration Form.
Summer session requires an earlier financial commitment than the typical add/drop period, so please pay special attention to the relevant payment and refund deadlines and cost of attendance information.
Students interested in applying Financial Aid to the summer session should contact the Financial Aid Office (see the Summer School Financial Aid policy) for more information about eligibility requirements at (406) 447-5425 or firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting the office in O’Connell Hall.
Visit our Consumer Information webpage for links to the Carroll Consumer Information Directory, the college's annual Consumer Information Disclosure Notice, and further information about Carroll College policies, disclosures, and reports.
Summer Course Expectations
All summer courses will require daily work to include some combination of class meetings, recorded lectures, discussion forums, readings, papers, projects, quizzes and exams, and other assignments. In-person and remote courses have scheduled meeting times, whereas online courses are conducted asynchronously. No matter the delivery method, due to the condensed format students should expect to devote several hours every day to their summer class, especially for the three- and six-week sessions.
Summer Residence Hall Housing
Summer Residence Hall Housing is available to Carroll College Students completing summer coursework and Student Employees for a rate of $65.00 per week. Visit Residence Life and Housing for more information.