Catch up on requirements or get ahead!
Registration for Summer 2020 courses is open.
During the summer Carroll offers a wide variety of classes across disciplines, all of which will fulfill Core and/or particular major requirements.
Study at Carroll even if you won’t be in Helena! Many online courses are available in subjects such as astronomy, art history, biology, business, communications, economics, education, English, health sciences, history, math, philosophy, psychology, sociology, theatre, and theology.
Pay a deeply discounted rate! At $650 per credit, summer tuition is discounted over 55% from the regular undergraduate rate. Additional fees may apply; please see the Summer 2020 schedule of courses for more detailed information.
Use your Financial Aid! You may be able to apply grants and loans to summer, depending on your eligibility.
Live on campus for a bargain price! Students taking summer school classes can live on campus for a very low price. Check back in early April for more information on summer housing paperwork.
Summer 2020 Session Dates
Three-week, six-week, eight-week, and twelve-week sessions are available during the dates below. No classes on Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day) or Friday, July 3 (Fourth of July).
|Undergraduate Courses||Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
|Summer 3W||May 18 -|
|June 8 -|
|June 29 -|
|July 20 -|
|Summer 6W||May 18 -|
|June 29 -|
| || |
|Summer 12W||May 18 -|
| || || |
|Online Consortium (7W & 8W)||May 11 -|
|June 29 -|
| || |
Additional special sessions are also offered for field experiences and other experiential learning courses.
Summer School Academic and Payment Policies for Undergraduates:
- After registration opens, courses may be added through the first day of class, except for online consortium courses that require more advanced notice (register by April 16 or June 11 this year).
- Payment for summer courses is due on the Wednesday before the first day of class, and courses may be dropped for a 100% refund through 4:00 p.m. that same day.
- From the Wednesday before the first day of class through the first day of class, courses may be dropped for a 50% refund and without a "W" grade.
- Beginning the second day of class, students will receive a "W" grade for dropping a course and no refunds will be issued.
- Students may withdraw with a "W" grade through the first 3/4 of the class.
- Add, drop, payment, refund, and withdraw dates for each course can be found on the Summer 2020 schedule of classes.
Online Consortium Courses:
Carroll College is excited to announce that we have recently joined the Online Consortium of Independent Colleges and Universities (OCICU). Through this partnership, Carroll is able to expand our online offerings in the summer by facilitating our students’ enrollment in a variety of courses provided by institutions such as Regis University and University of the Incarnate Word.
Students will not need to enroll in transfer credits but rather will register for online consortium courses through Self-Service Student Planning. The tuition for these courses will be billed to the Carroll student account at the regular summer tuition rate and will be recorded on the student’s official Carroll transcript. Students will be given access to the course provider’s learning management system (e.g. Moodle, Blackboard, etc.) and will complete the online course alongside other students throughout the consortium.
Online consortium course dates will vary slightly from Carroll’s typical undergraduate summer session dates. These courses are generally eight weeks long, and for Summer 2020 there are two different start dates:
May 11, 2020: must register by April 23; please note that classes begin immediately after Carroll’s finals week for the Spring 2020 semester
June 29, 2020: must register by June 11; please note that classes end the week before the start of Carroll’s Fall 2020 semester
Online consortium courses are easily identified in the schedule with an “OC” at the end of the section letter, as well as with “Online Consortium” as the location. Please note that Carroll College’s academic and financial policies and deadlines will apply to these courses.
Accelerated Nursing Postbaccalaureate Summer Courses: May 18 - August 7
Master of Accountancy Graduate Summer Courses: May 11 - August 14
View List of Summer 2020 Courses & Deadlines (PDF)
Search Summer Courses with Full Details
If you need instructions in order to register for summer classes, please select an option below.
Visiting students and auditors, follow these steps to register:
- Check out the Class Schedule to view the full list of available courses
- Under Term, select Summer 2020 and select Search. The initial list will display the available courses and their descriptions.
- Select the View Available Sections drop-down arrow to see more detailed information about each offering. For even more details, select the title of the course.
- Complete the Non-Degree Application and Registration Form.
Summer session requires an earlier financial commitment than the typical add/drop period, so please pay special attention to the relevant payment and refund deadlines and cost of attendance information.
Students interested in applying Financial Aid to the summer session should contact the Financial Aid Office (see the Summer School Financial Aid policy) for more information about eligibility requirements at (406) 447-5425 or firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting the office in O’Connell Hall.
Visit our Consumer Information webpage for links to the Carroll Consumer Information Directory, the college's annual Consumer Information Disclosure Notice, and further information about Carroll College policies, disclosures, and reports.