Music at Carroll College
At Carroll College, course offerings in music aim to serve students on two levels: 1) to allow those students who have had prior background in music to continue their development, and 2) to provide an initial experience in music to those students who have not previously had the opportunity or desire to study music.
The focus of the music program is on acquiring skills and knowledge to complement the student's major and to enhance liberal arts education.
Our goal is to give students a greater appreciation for music as an art form and a vehicle for self-expression. We provide quality instruction to challenge and enrich all students through music studies.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Students will broaden their range of interest in and understanding of music.
- Students will achieve growth in musical skills and knowledge.
- Students will have experiences in music that enhance creativity.
- Students will gain exposure to a variety of aesthetics, approaches and concepts in music that will enhance appreciation of music as an art form.
Music classes are held in the lower level of Guadalupe Hall. The music classroom includes a lecture area and a lab that is equipped with digital pianos, synthesizers, Macintosh computers, and MIDI capabilities.
Life After Graduation
- Sing in college, church or community choirs
- Play the piano to accompany other musicians
- Sing, play, or compose music for personal enrichment or with friends and family
- Attend concerts with an appreciation and understanding of the art form