Communication Studies Degree
Communication Studies at Carroll College
The mission of the Communication Department mirrors the mission of the college: by seeking the "full realization of the dual goals of vocation and enlightenment."
The communication department has developed both educational/vocational goals and holistic goals for the enlightenment of our students.
Why Communications at Carroll?
A graduate of the Department of Communication will graduate from Carroll College with the following skills:
- The ability to use communication constructively and unselfishly, to serve others and promote peace on all levels - interpersonally, socially and globally.
- Understanding of the moral foundations of communication, which include the need to treat every person with reverence.
- Intercultural understanding and the ability to treat people of all backgrounds with tolerance and respect.
- Skills in conflict management and relationship-building.
- Preparation for graduate study.
- Preparation for a career in public relations, journalism, a secondary education teacher of communication, speech or forensics.
Alumni of the communication department have been successful in a large field of professional careers including jobs in advertising, marketing, event planning, public relations and secondary education.
Lambda Pi Eta
Carroll College is an active charter in Lambda Pi Eta. Lambda Pi Eta is the official communication studies honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA). As a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS), LPH has over 400 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide.
Students graduating with studies in the Communication department demonstrating scholarly leadership are inducted at the annual Honors Convocation each Spring.