Welcome to the Faculty Development Website
Here, you'll find all kinds of information about and for our faculty members, including:
- due dates for funding and support from the Faculty Development Committee
- updates about our mentorship program
- instructions for applying for sabbaticals and course releases
- upcoming faculty development forums
- upcoming meetings for the "Teaching Circle"
- upcoming presenters and topics for our "Faculty Colloquium"
- a digital copy of our latest Faculty Accomplishments brochure
- other resources concerning internal and external faculty development opportunities
Faculty Mentorship Program
The FDC sponsors Carroll's Faculty Mentorship Program for new faculty! Interested in becoming a mentor? Contact Dr. Elvira Roncalli at email@example.com or Dr. Soumitree Gupta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get more information on external professional development opportunities.
Teaching Circles: Please join in on the conversations about teaching at the teaching circle held several times each semester in the Maronick Boardroom in the Campus Center unless otherwise noted. For more information and specific dates and times, please contact Virginia Cooper at email@example.com.
Sister Annette Moran Faculty Colloquium: Below will be a list of the faculty presentation dates for the 2018-2019 academic year. All colloquia will be held at 4pm in the Trinity Lounge. Refreshments will be provided. Details on the presenters and their topics will be provided as they become available.
Sr. Annette Moran Faculty Colloquium:
- Friday, Feb. 15th, 4:00 pm, Maronick Board Room, Travis Almquist, Title: A Tale of Two Hops: Botanical Adventures With The Genus Humulus
- Friday, April 5th, 4pm, Maronish Board Room, Julie Kessler, topic TBA.
Interested in presenting? Contact Charlotte Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Awards and Grants
Congratulations to the following faculty members, each of whom won the following awards and grants:
- Teacher of the Year: Dr. Caroline Pharr, Chemistry
- Scholar of the Year: Dr. Jessica McManus, Psychology
- Jerry Berberet Summer Research and Writing Grants:
- Dr. Jeremy Johnson, Political Science
- Dr. Stephanie Otto-Hitt, Biology
- Kim Shire, Theatre
Do you have suggestions or information for our website? The FDC plans to follow up the conversation at the faculty retreat with events throughout the year. Let us know if you would like to participate or if you have ideas about how to continue this important dialogue.
Contact the Faculty Development Committee