Welcome to the Faculty Development Website
Here, you'll find all kinds of information about and for our faculty members, including:
- due dates for funding and support from the Faculty Development Committee
- updates about our mentorship program
- instructions for applying for sabbaticals and course releases
- upcoming faculty development forums
- upcoming meetings for the "Teaching Circle"
- upcoming presenters and topics for our "Faculty Colloquium"
- a digital copy of our latest Faculty Accomplishments brochure
- other resources concerning internal and external faculty development opportunities
- Travel/Research in Fall 2022. Due: 2nd Friday of September
- Sabbatical Proposals for AY 2023-24. Due: October 1, 2022
- Course Release for AY 2023-24 (if available). Due: December 3, 2022
- Travel/Research in Spring &Summer (up to June 30, 2023). Due: Last Friday of January 2023
- Berberet Summer Grants for Summer 2023. Due: February 1, 2023
- Outstanding Teacher & Distinguished Scholar Nominations. Due: April 1, 2023
- Add’l Request Summer Travel/Research. Due: 2nd Friday of April
Faculty Mentorship Program
The FDC sponsors Carroll's Faculty Mentorship Program for new faculty! Interested in becoming a mentor? Contact Dr. Adel Dimian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sister Annette Moran Faculty Colloquium: Below will be a list of the faculty presentation dates for the Fall 2022 semester. All colloquia will be held at 4 pm in the Trinity Lounge. Refreshments will be provided. Details on the presenters and their topics will be provided as they become available.
Sr. Annette Moran Faculty Colloquium:
October 2022 Faculty Colloquium
Friday, October 21, 4:00 pm, Maronick Board Room
Presenter: Margo DeMello
November 2022 Faculty Colloquium
Friday, November 18, 4:00 pm, Maronick Board Room
Presenter: David Hitt
Interested in presenting? Contact Charlotte Jones at email@example.com.
Awards and Grants
Congratulations to the following faculty members, each of whom won the following awards and grants:
- Teacher of the Year: Dr. Ryan Hallows, Spanish
- Scholar of the Year: Dr. Eric Meyer, Theology
- Jerry Berberet Summer Research and Writing Grants:
- Dr. Elvira Roncalli, Philosophy
- Dr. Dean Pavlakis, History
- Dr. Eric Meyer, Theology
Do you have suggestions or information for our website? The FDC plans to follow up the conversation at the faculty retreat with events throughout the year. Let us know if you would like to participate or if you have ideas about how to continue this important dialogue.
Contact the Faculty Development Committee