Carroll College, Helena Montana

Resources and Links

On Campus Resources

Carroll College Counseling Services:  Veterans Counseling Veterans

Kyrie Russ, MS, has a connection to the military, having been through her spouse’s two deployments to Afghanistan with the 10th Mountain Division out of Fort Drum, NY. Having experienced military life herself, Kyrie is familiar with the hardships involved.  While at Carroll she has worked with veterans and their family members.

The counseling available at Carroll is free and confidential. Counseling Services is located in the Wellness Center in the basement of Guadalupe Hall. Make an appointment by calling (406) 447-5441 or just stop by. The time it takes to get an appointment is relatively short, usually within a week, and emergencies are handled the same day.

For more information visit the Counseling Services website.

NOTE:  Carroll Counseling Services is in no way in collaboration with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.  Only you can authorize the release of your records to the VA if you so choose to do so.

 Financial Aid:

At Carroll, there are a number of resources available to you, even if you and your family can only afford to pay a portion of your college expenses. Financial aid options include loans, grants, scholarships, and work-study programs.
For more information contact the Financial Aid Office at (406) 447-5425 or visit their website.

Financial Aid Shopping Sheet:

The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet is a consumer tool created by the Obama Administration to help simplify the information consumers receive about costs and financial aid, so that they can easily compare institutions and make informed decisions about where to attend school.

You may view a sample shopping sheet and obtain additional information by visting the U.S. Department of Education Website.

Academic Resource Center (ARC):

Located in Borromeo Hall-Room 118A, the ARC offers students a variety of services, including peer tutoring, study skills classes, workshops, individualized instruction, and academic counseling. The programs address students' individual needs at a variety of times in order to accommodate students' schedules. All Carroll College students are eligible for services and are welcome at the ARC. Computer labs and disability accommodations are also provided. For additional information, please contact Kevin Hadduck at (406) 447-4504 or visit their website.

Veteran Student Policies and Forms

Deployment Policy

Wondering how mobilization or activation can affect your academic career while enrolled at Carroll?  Learn more about how Carroll can help you minimize the effects of mobilization and activation by visiting Carroll's Deployment Policy.   

Additional Resource Links