Carroll College, Helena Montana

Community Living Staff

Professional Staff

Maureen Ward Maria Ochoa Jacob Hanley Ryan McConnnell
Maureen Ward
Director of Community Living
OC 208
Maria Ochoa
Asst. Dir. of Community Living
Our Lady of Guadalupe
Jacob Hanley
Asst. Dir. of Community Living
St. Charles
Ryan McConnell
Asst. Dir. of Community Living
Trinity & Borromeo

Serving Our Students

Community Living Staff

Maureen Ward joined the Carroll College Community Living staff in the fall of 2013. She came to Carroll most recently from University of Montana, and also has worked at University of Idaho and Montana State University, where she received her bachelor’s degree and her master’s in Adult and Higher Education. She originally hails from Great Falls, Montana, and is very excited to call Helena home and to take advantage of all the recreational and community opportunities the state’s capital has to offer.

Maria Ochoa begins her third year as Assistant Director of Community Living for Our Lady of Guadalupe Hall. Maria comes to Carroll College from the University of Great Falls. 

Jacob Hanley will be leading St. Charles Hall this year. Jake has worked in students affairs for over seven years and is originally from Michigan. Jake earned a B.A in Business Administration from Alma College and a M.S. in College Student Affairs from Eastern Illinois University. Jake has a passion for recreational activities and is excited and grateful to work at Carroll College.

Ryan McConnell leads Trinity & Borromeo Halls this year. Originally from the Upper Midwest, he is thrilled to be a part of Carroll College and ready to ‘get lost’ in Montana’s wilderness. Ryan earned his bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Social Change & Development at the University of Wisconsin – Green Bay and his M.Ed. in Student Affairs at Iowa State University. He enjoys lively discussions on issues and encouraging adventures.

What is a CA?

CA is the abbreviation for Community Advisor. CAs are responsible for building floor and building community, representing the college to the students, and ensuring community standards and the Student Code of Conduct are followed. CAs take the time to get to know their residents, help them with problems, and make sure their Carroll education is positive.

Contacting Your CA

Contacting a CA on campus is easy. Students will find CA contact info in the lobby of their residence hall and a simple walk around the building will usually find at least one CA ready to assist their residents!