Why Do An Internship?
- 44.9 percent of employers offer higher salaries to incoming hirers with internship experience than they offer to those without such experience.
- On average, converting from an intern or co-op to full-time hire means adding 6.5 percent to the starting salary.
- New hires that have had internships/coops are more frequently given tasks considered to require more responsibility.
- New hires with internship experiences tend to have higher Job Satisfaction.
- Getting practical work experience helps you test out different careers.
- An internship can provide an opportunity to discover your passion, to make a solid contribution to your employer, and to grow.
- It is required in your Major!
What Is An Internship?
- An academic relationship between the student, faculty supervisor, internship coordinator, and the employer.
- An opportunity for the student to augment coursework with on-the-job assignments related to her/his academic interests.
- An experience in which the student has intentional learning goals and reflects actively on what she/he is learning throughout the experience.
- An internship may be a single-semester experience, or it may continue for longer than one semester; it may be paid or unpaid, and is taken for academic credit or for experience.
- Understanding that employers have needs that arise throughout the year, internships can be started at any point in the semester; however, it must be a minimum of 8 weeks in duration. Credit ratios are as follows: 1 credit = 45 hours-internships are typically 1-3 credits.
How to Land an Ideal Internship?
- Start Early!
- Talk to friends and family.
- Meet with Faculty.
- Check Openings on Career Services Website.
- Watch Your Email - Career Services and Faculty send out internship announcements on a regular basis.
- Career Exploration-Find out what jobs match your major and contact employers.
Where Do Carroll Students Intern?
Blue Cross Blue Shield
New West Health Center
Myrna Loy Center
Lewis and Clark Library
Montana Republican Party
Office of Public Instruction
Montana Historical Society
Hunt Law Firm
U.S. Senate Committee on Finance - Washington D.C
And Many More.............
||Montana Governor's Office
Seattle Children's Hospital
St. Peters Hospital
Veterans Administration Hospital
Shodair Children's Hospital
Lewis and Clark County
American Federal Savings Bank
Montana State-DEQ, FWP, Dept. of Administration
Galusha, Higgins & Galusha
Create Your Own Internship
Don't see what you are looking for in our internship postings? We have many contacts in a variety of industries. It is possible to create your own internship based on your interests by contacting employers directly. We can help you with the search process. Make an appointment today!
To Discuss Internship Opportunities please contact Career Services
Nisan Burbridge - Internship Coordinator
406-447-5465 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Health/Health Science Students
Community Health and Health Science students need to complete an application to be approved for an internship. Completed applications are due by April 1st of your junior year. Please read through and complete all forms in the Internship Guide
Self Help Law Center Internship/Volunteer
NOW RECRUITING!! The Helena Self-Help Law Center is a unique partnership between Carroll College and the Montana Supreme Court to provide assistance to low-income Pro Se litigants seeking legal information and forms. Students will help with reference work and legal research, provide one-on-one assistance to patrons and work with West Law and Lexis.
Download the application now
Experiential Experience at St. Peter's Hospital
Are you preparing for an Experiential Experience at St. Pete's Hospital? If you are planning a job shadow, an observation, an internship or other activity with St. Peter's - please complete the form below.
St Peter's Hospital Form
US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Internship
Marketing Intern for Bike/Walk Montana
Internship with Congressman Steve Daines
Marketing: Helena Bighorns Hockey
DA Davidson Summer Finance Internship - Apply by Jan 1
Internship Student Guide and Approval Form
A completed Internship Approval Form must be turned in to Career Services within the first two weeks of an internship. You can download forms here or obtain from Career Services or your Faculty Internship Advisor. Your academic major may also have required forms. Please check with your faculty internship advisor. 2012 - 2013 Student Internship Guide and Approval Form