Congratulations on Your Internship
How to register your internship for credit:
Read through the Internship Checklist before you start -
Register your internship online using the "Saints Connection". If you do not have an account you will need to register.
Talk with your Faculty Internship Advisor. They will help you determine credit, grade requirements, internship course number and other important information.
Make sure you have all the information (Pre-Checklist) before starting your Online Approval Form.
Create your Saints Connection Account
Complete the Online Approval Form to Register
Once your Online Approval Form is complete:
Your site supervisor and faculty internship advisor (the Faculty Internship Advisor may be different than your Academic Advisor) will receive an email from us prompting them to approve your learning agreement.
You will be registered for credit (if credit is being given)
An electronic evaluation form will be sent you you and your work supervisor at the end of the internship.
Please contact Nisan Burbridge, Career Services Internship Coordinator with any questions by phone at 406.447.5465 or email at email@example.com.
What is an academic internship?
An academic internship is a supervised work experience taken for academic credit. It forms an academic relationship between a student, faculty advisor, and cooperating organization.
- An internship must relate directly to classroom work in order to qualify for academic credit.
- An internship may be a single semester experience, or it may continue for longer than one semester; it may be paid or unpaid.
- Must be a minimum of 8 weeks.
- For every (1) credit you must complete 42 hours at the internship. (Internships are typically 1-3 credits - a 3 credit internship will complete 126 hours over a semester - approx 10/hrs week)
- Each academic department has a faculty internship advisor (not your academic advisor).
- Internships are approved and monitored by the Faculty Internship Advisor.
- Student will be required to complete additional academic components for the internship.
- Student must develop an internship proposal for the experience.
- You must register for each individual semester.