Parents Weekend 2016 - You Must Register to Attend!
First of all, welcome! We are so happy to have you here with us! This weekend is a great opportunity for you to enjoy some time on campus with your son or daughter, go to a show, attend a sporting event, have a meal or two together, explore Helena’s coffee shops, or just relax!
Parents Weekend is sponsored by the Associated Students of Carroll College (ASCC). Your registration fee covers the Parent Reception, Parent Brunch, Swing Dance, and tickets to Athletic Events. Your game tickets and brunch tickets can be picked up at the Parent Meet and Greet at the Scola on Friday from 5:00 to 6:30pm. We have created the Parent Weekend event schedule for families to take part in together. There is no charge for Carroll students at any of the events.
All our events are family friendly and we encourage you to bring them along. If you have youngsters 12 or under their is no need to pay the $25 registration fee. You can pick up athletic tickets for those 12 or under at the Parent Reception. They are welcome to come to the reception and brunch for free.
Register for Parents Weekend 2016 »
Friday, October 21st
- 5:00 - 6:30pm - Parent Reception in the Scola with appetizers, drinks, meet and greet. (This is when you pick up your game tickets and brunch tickets.)
- 7:00 pm - Carroll Home Women’s Volleyball Game at 7pm
- 8:00 pm -Carroll Mime Prov Come enjoy an improvisational comedy show sure to make you laugh. An hour of improv games directed by suggestions from the audience makes for quirky situations and goofy fun. Mimeprov is an improv comedy troupe that is Carroll College student born, run and bred. If you've ever enjoyed an episode of "Who's Line is it Anyway" or the new movie "Don't Think Twice", you'll love a Mimeprov Show!" In Simperman 101/202
- 9:00 pm - Swing Dance - The Carroll College Swing Club is hosting a dance for students and their families. They will be there to help teach anyone who would like to learn.
Saturday, October 22nd
- 9:00am - Mass in the St. Charles Chapel with Fr. Marc Lenneman
- 10:30am - Parents Weekend Brunch. All parents are encouraged to join their son/daughter in the Saint Aquinas Dining Hall for a great brunch and a few words from President Tom Evans, Eric Sullivan, Ph. D Assistant Professor in the Department of Mathematics, Engirnnering, and Computer Science, and Chase Farrell our ASCC President. This is one of the weekend highlights for Parents Weekend.
- 9:00am to noon (Off Campus) Helena Farmers Market (Fuller Avenue
- 1:00 pm - Carroll Home Football Game at Nelson Stadium
- 5:00 pm - Parents Weekend Night Out with son or daughter. Traditionally this is when parents take their son or daughter out for dinner. Often friends join the family. This is a great way to get to know your son or daughter's friends.
Sunday, October 23rd
This is a travel day for you to return home, but if you are around come to these events:
- 8:00 pm Mass in Evening with Fr. Marc
Places to Stay
Get more information on Helena Area Hotels. Ask for Carroll rates!
For questions about Parents Weekend, please contact Patrick Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.