Student Activities and Leadership
This Weeks Events
Tuesday, January 20
- Classes Begin
- If you need ski rentals for the Saturday Free Carroll ski night you must let us know by Wednesday. There will be a table in the Upper Campus Center from 11:30 am to 1pm to sign up for rental. There is a $10 ski rental fee that you will pay at the mountain.
- Tight Wad Tuesdays at the Myrna Loy Center
Wednesday, January 21
- If you need ski rentals for the Saturday Free Carroll ski night you must let us know by today. There will be a table in the Upper Campus Center from 11:30 am to 1pm to sign up for rental. There is a $10 ski rental fee that you will pay at the mountain.
Thursday, January 22
- Swing Dance in the Upper Campus Center from 8:30 pm to 11pm
Friday, January 23
- Glow Stick Sledding on Guad Hill at 7pm - hot chocolate, cider, and glow sticks!
Saturday, January 24
- The Carroll College FREE Great Divide Ski Night < strong> Student Activities has rented the Great Divide Ski Area for a private ski party on Saturday, January 24 at the Great Divide Ski Area. Free to all Carroll students, employees, and families - come ski for FREE! If you need rentals we will need to get everyone’s rental information in by Jan 21st. There will be a table in the Upper Cube from 11:30am to 1pm on Tues. and Wed. to rent ski’s at $10. We do not want people renting on the day of the event.
- The Seeley Lake Biathlon – to sign up and reserve a pair of cross country skis click on the title. We will leave Carroll College at 630am and return in time for the Great Divide Ski Night!
- Native American Round Dance at 7pm at the Helena Indian Alliance 501 Euclid Ave.
Sunday, January 25
Student Activities Upcoming Events
Carroll College Student Activities - Program Board - Spring 2015 Event Schedule
- Wednesday, Jan 21 – 8pm – Upper Cube – Dakaboom Music Comedy
- Thursday, Jan 22 – 8pm – Upper Cube – Swing Dance
- Friday, Jan 23 – 7pm – Guad Hill – Glow Stick Sledding
- Saturday, Jan 24 – Night Ski - Great Divide Ski Resort - Free Skiing
- Thursday, Jan 29 – 7pm – Upper Cube – Retirement Home Bingo
- Saturday, Jan 31 – 7:05pm- Helena Ice Arena - Carroll Big Horns Hockey Night
- Wednesday, Feb 4 – 7pm – Upper Cube – Open Mic Night
- Tuesday, Feb 10 – 8pm – Upper Cube – Dating Doctor David Coleman
- Friday, Feb 13 – 9pm – Upper Cube – Stoplight Dance
- Tuesday, Feb 17 – 7pm – Upper Cube – Bring Your Own Board Game
- Thursday, Feb 26 – 8pm – Upper Cube – Carroll’s Got Talent
- Monday, Mar 2 – 8pm – Upper Cube – Comedian Ronnie Jordan
- Wednesday, Mar 4 – 7pm – Upper Cube – Open Mic Night
- Friday, Mar 20 – 7pm – Upper Cube – Magician Brian Miller
- Saturday, Mar 21 – 6pm – Red Lion Hotel – Jr. /Sr. Banquet
- Wednesday, Apr 1 – 5:15pm – St. Charles Hill – Easter Egg Scramble
- Thursday, Apr 9 – 8pm – Upper Cube – Comedian Kabir Singh
- Wednesday, Apr 15 – 7pm – Upper Cube – Mr. Mantana
- Friday, May 1 – 8pm – Upper Cube – CSA Spring Fest
Student Activities Survey
Discounted Tickets Throughout the Year
With your Carroll ID you have available to you dicounted tickets to golf, ski, and attend events at the Myrna Loy Theater. This year you can also attend the Big Horns Hockey games for free. Golf Passes for 9 holes are $12. Ski Passes for a day are $20, and discounted rates on tickets for shows can be found at the ticket window at the Myrna Loy. Every Tuesday you can go for $2
CAMP – Carroll Adventure and Mountaineering Program
Go to this link and join now! https://www.facebook.com/CarrollCAMP
- Fr. Jerry Lowney will celebrate 12:05 p.m. each weekday, Boromeo Chapel.
- Art Exhibit - Student Work is up in the gallery is open from 9am-9pm weekdays and is closed weekends and college holidays. Admission is free.
Need a Job?
To all Students: Carroll College Career Services has LOTS of part time jobs advertised from various employers around the Helena community. We still receive calls daily, so if you need a little extra cash, check the job boards on the Carroll website go to:
www.carroll.edu/students/career/index.cc Then scroll down to “Employment Opportunities” then to “Off Campus,” then click on “MORE.” Make sure you are looking at the off campus listings.
Merit Badge University needs teachers!
For those who are passionate about any one of the 115 subjects listed and have experience – WE NEED YOUR HELP! We are looking for students, faculty, and staff who would be willing to teach a Scout’s Merit Badge class on March 28, 2015 at the Third Carroll College Merit Badge University.
You do not have to be an expert, just knowledgeable with a passion for sharing this information with our younger Scout students. On the Merit Badge University Web Page you can click on any subject to get a lesson plan. The idea is to help spark an interest in the subject. The students do not have to walk away knowing everything.
If you are interested in teaching please send an email to email@example.com.
Bouldering Wall now open
The Bouldering Wall is now open on 4th Main of St. Charles! You can sign a waiver, borrow a pair of climbing shoes, and get the code from a St. Charles CA staff on duty from 7-10pm any day of the week. Room hours are 9am-10pm.
Tightwad Tuesdays have returned to the Myrna Loy Center, with $2 film tickets for Carroll students, faculty, and staff every Tuesday. If indie, award-winning and foreign celluloid is on your movie menu, the Myrna is for you! For current films and times, check their website http://www.myrnaloycenter.com/. Other nights of the week, the Myrna offers $3.00 off film tickets for students, faculty, and staff. Live shows of the best in performing arts are also available to Carrollites at a low price: students and Carroll faculty and staff get $3 off tickets for world-class entertainment. Check out the Myrna Loy at 15 N. Ewing or call 406-443-0287 for more info. (Discounted tickets for Carroll Students paid for by Student Activities)