Carroll College provides and supports technology in a variety of ways across campus.
Technology Enhanced Spaces
- Classrooms are multimedia enabled, with a computer, DVD players, and video projection in each classroom. Additional technology is available in some classrooms.
- Computer labs/classrooms, with access to printing and scanning, are available in Simperman Hall and the Corette Library. Each residence hall also has a small computer lab with printing.
- The CITE (Center for Innovation in Technology Education) provides access to video and audio editing as well as personalized assistance with technology projects. Next door to the CITE, the Sandbox classroom, designed for innovative technology-based instruction, is available to students for collaborative work utilizing interactive display systems and mobile furniture that can be configured into a variety of settings.
- Free access to both Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps for Education are available to students while attending Carroll College using their Carroll College network log-in credentials. Log-in here to access these tools.
- The Technology Support Center, in St. Charles Hall, provides Help Desk assistance on a variety of technology issues, including establishing connections to the network and WiFi, troubleshooting computer problems and removal of malware and viruses. Assistance can also be request through WebHelpDesk or by calling 406-447-HELP.
Carroll College provides access to multiple systems for various needs for our students, faculty and staff. All of these systems can be accessed by logging in here.
- Moodle is the college Learning Management System (LMS), allowing faculty to provide online content and personalized learning for students.
- The Carroll College online portal, MyCarroll, provides students access to their college records in addition to registration, payment, grading and a variety of other useful information.
- Emergency Messaging is provided for Carroll College through ReGroup. The college provides Regroup with the email address and known cell phone for students, faculty and staff. Be sure to log-in to Regroup and specific your preferences on what email or phones you want to be notified on in case of an emergency on campus.
Technology Available for Checkout
CCIT provides a variety of technology hardware, including laptops, ipads, projectors, screens and cameras on a short-term checkout basis through the Library checkout desk. Call 447-4346.
For questions about Learning Technology and AV in the Classroom. Please call Dan Case (447-4503), Ryan Hazen (447-5454) or Sean Courtney (447-4426.)