Carroll College professors can take advantage of BlueJeans, Carroll's interoperable video conferencing service, by following the link below and logging in with their Carroll College user name and password:
With Bluejeans, you can videoconference with multiple people, share the screen of your computer with the others in your conference, and participate in live text chat during the videoconference. It also allows the meeting moderator to decide who can talk at which points during the conference.
Finally, BlueJeans is "interoperable," which means that it allows people using Skype, Google Chat, Polycom, and other videoconferencing platforms to participate in videoconferences hosted by Carroll College members. With BlueJeans, members of the Carroll community can schedule and execute videoconferencing sessions with confidence and ease.
Go ahead and log in to give it a try! You can include anyone in the world simply by sending them an email invitation. All they need is a computer with an internet connection, a microphone, and a camera (an ipad, iphone, or adroid device also works).
There are three ways to get started with Bluejeans:
1. Contact Ryan Hazen (ext. 5454) to schedule an in-person demonstration and training session.
2. Review the BlueJeans documentation linked below before logging in:
Using your iPhone or iPad to Videoconference with BlueJeans - Note: this requires you to download and install the Bluejeans App from the app store on your device.
3. Login to https://carroll.bluejeans.com and get started trying to make a videoconference. You really can't hurt anything!
Here are a few ways you can use BlueJeans to improve the learning experience in your classroom:
1. Schedule guest speakers and experts from around the world to speak to your class via BlueJeans.
2. Have students participate in your class when they are off-campus for sporting events or family events.
3. Partner with another class in another college to pool research resources in real-time.
4. Engage language students in real-time conversations with native speakers from anywhere in the world.
5. Give presentations to your class from your own computer when you are off campus.
6. Schedule videoconferencing office hours with students at times that are most convenient for both of you.
7. Have committee meetings in which no one is required to leave their office, or even come to campus.
8. Use screen share to demonstrate common lessons for all professors teaching high-enrollment courses.
9. Create a professional development group for your department and use BlueJeans to speak with experts in the field.
10. Have students use BlueJeans to present class projects to experts in the field, then recieve immediate feedback on their work from real-world professionals.