Corette Library Code of Conduct
The Corette Library supports College instruction and research by providing access to and delivery of information. The Library acquires, organizes, makes accessible, and preserves information in various formats. Librarians instruct user how to find and evaluate information. The Library provides a safe and respectful environment for collaborative and individual study and learning. In order to facilitate this, users of the Corette Library are expected to follow the Carroll Code of Student Conduct. Additional requirements specific to the Corette Library follow:
Individuals are expected to:
- Obey all laws of the local, state and federal government.
- Adhere to the Carroll College Acceptable Use Policy for Technology Resources
- Adhere to policies governing College identification , i.e., to carry Carroll identification.
- Present identification to library staff, campus security, or Helena Police upon request.
- Comply with library policies.
- Respond to emergencies, alarms, and other situations as instructed by staff; leave buildings at closing; and use only public areas of the library.
- Respect library policies regarding noise.
- Comply with library policies regarding food and drink.
Behaviors that infringe upon the rights of library users or staff are prohibited. Prohibited activities and behaviors include, but are not limited to, the following.
Individuals will not:
- Exhibit any threatening or intimidating behaviors, e.g., abusive language, harassment, or threats of violence.
- Engage in behavior that is potentially unsafe or harmful to self or others.
- Create disturbances, disruptions, or behave in any manner that is inconsistent with the Carroll College mission.
- Vend, peddle, solicit, or petition in the Library.
- Post or distribute materials without permission.
- Misuse, misappropriate, damage, steal, or obstruct use of library equipment, resources or facilities.
- Allow others to use their Carroll identification.
- Use restroom facilities for purposes other than which they are intended.
Any patron who commits or attempts to commit any of the offenses listed as Violations, or any other behavior illegal under the laws of the state or federal government, is subject to sanctions, which may include:
- Being asked to leave the library premises.
- Being reported to the Vice President for Student Life.
- Having library privileges suspended or revoked.
- Being banned from the Corette Library.
- Being reported to campus security and/or the Helena Police.
- Legal prosecution.
Paging / Messaging
The Library does not have a paging system. Library staff do not conduct searches for people who might be in the Library. Messages may be left at the Circulation Desk (447-4340).