Upcoming Evening Public Lectures
- "Gravity's Greatest Mystery," Thursday, February 13, 7pm
- "The MESSENGER Mission to Mercury," Thursday, March 13, 7pm
- "Studying Super Earths," Thursday, April 24, 7pm
Why Be A Math Major?
Here is a link to the presentation D. Zullo, Dr. Parker, and I put together to show all the cool things you can do with a math degree. There are links to some useful websites on the last slide.
In this department we have lots of fun student activities. Another really exciting thing you get to do is compete in the Mathematical Contest in Modeling.
A career possibility for math majors: Be an Actuary.
Dr. Kelly Slater Cline
Associate Professor of Mathematics and Astronomy
Department of Mathematics, Engineering and Computer Science
1601 N. Benton Avenue
Helena, MT 59625
Office: (406) 447-4451
Location: Borromeo Hall 127
- MA 141: Introduction to Mathematical Modeling
- MA 342: Applied Numerical Methods and Analysis
- MA 471: History Seminar in Mathematics
- PHYS 104: Astronomy
- PHYS 389: Thermal Physics