Upcoming Evening Public Lectures
- "Computers: From Silicon to Artificial Intelligence," Thursday, January 24, 7pm
- "Our Fractal Universe," Friday, February 22, 7pm
- "The Mystery of the Higgs Boson," Thursday, March 14, 7pm
- "Curiosity: Searching for Life on Mars," Thursday, April 4, 7pm
Why Be A Math Major?
Here is a link to the presentation D. Zullo, Dr. Parker, and I put together to show all the cool things you can do with a math degree. There are links to some useful websites on the last slide.
In this department we have lots of fun student activities. Another really exciting thing you get to do is compete in the Mathematical Contest in Modeling.
A career possibility for math majors: Be an Actuary.
Dr. Kelly Slater Cline
Associate Professor of Mathematics and Astronomy
Department of Mathematics, Engineering and Computer Science
1601 N. Benton Avenue
Helena, MT 59625
Office: (406) 447-4451
Location: Simperman Hall 124A
- AS 102 Astronomy
- MA 334 Differential Equations and Linear Algebra II
- MA 342 Numerical Methods and Analysis