Frequently Asked Questions
Click for FAQ and Answers
Private Student Loan Questions
- What is a private student loan?
- How do I apply for a private student loan?
- When should I apply for a private student loan?
- Do I need to have a co-signer for a private student loan?
- When do I have to begin repayment on my private student loan?
- Can I consolidate my private student loans with my federal loans?
- Does interest accrue on private student loans?
- What are the interest rates on private student loans?
- When should I file my FAFSA application?
- Do I need to fill out a FAFSA every year?
- Do we need to file our Federal Income Tax Returns before completing the FAFSA?
- What is the deadline to file a FAFSA?
- Do I need to include parent information on the FAFSA if they do not claim me on their taxes?
- Do I need to include parent information on the FAFSA if they do not support me financially?
- How does Carroll College receive my FAFSA information?
- What is the Federal School Code for Carroll College?
- How do I make corrections to my FAFSA?
Award Letter Questions
- How do I get to my award letter?
- How long do I have to decide whether or not I want to accept my financial aid award?
- Do I have to complete all of the steps?
- Do I have to do all the steps each time I view my award?
- Do I have to qualify my award letter?
- Can my financial aid change?
- I have already accepted my award letter online and I received a notice to go online and accept my award again, why?
Federal Work Study Questions
- What is Federal Work Study?
- How can I find a work-study job?
- Will I receive credit on my billing statement for work-study?
- How much does work-study pay?
- What is Federal Student aid?
- What kinds of federal student aid might I receive?
- When will I receive my financial aid award letter?
- Can I use some of my financial aid to pay the enrollment deposit?
- If I do not complete my degree until my 5th academic year, how does that affect my eligibility for aid?
- If I drop a class during the semester, how will this affect my financial aid?
- If I have a credit on my student account, will I receive a refund?
- Do students receive a late fee for delinquent student accounts?
Parent PLUS Loan Questions
- What is a Parent PLUS Loan?
- How do I apply fro a Parent PLUS Loan?
- When should I apply for a Parent PLUS Loan?
- How do I apply for Carroll College endowed scholarships?
- Will I get an endowed scholarship every year?
- Are there any other scholarships I can apply for?
Special Circumstance Questions
- My parent just lost their job, but we already filed the FAFSA, is there anything we can do to reflect the change to our income?
- Our family has had a lot of medical expenses this year, but there is not any place on the FAFSA to indicate this, what can we do?
Study Abroad Questions
- What type of aid can I receive for study abroad programs?
- How do I apply for study abroad financial aid?
- When do I apply for study abroad financial aid?
- I applied for study abroad financial aid and decided not to go on trip, what do I do about my financial aid offer?
Summer School Questions
- Will summer school aid reduce the amount of aid I receive next year?
- What type of aid can I receive for summer school?
- How do I apply for summer school financial aid?
- When do I apply for summer school?
- I applied for summer school financial aid and have decided not to attend, what do I do about my financial aid?
- What is verification?
- When do I have to complete verification?
- Can verification affect how federal aid is applied to my account?
- What happens if my parents or I do not file our federal taxes by the deadline?