Dr. Sullivan is an Assistant Professor of Mathematics. He received his B.S. in Mathematics from Iowa State Univeristy (1998), M.S. in Applied Mathematics from the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs (2007), and his Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics from the University of Colorado Denver (2013).
Dr. Sullivan's mathematical interests include modeling of fluids in porous media using hybrid mixture theory, continuum mechanics, partial differential equations, and numerical methods for partial differential equations. In his free time, he enjoys hiking, biking, rock and ice climbing, kayaking, and generally being outdoors.
email: esullivan (at) carroll (dot) edu
- A Nonlinear PDE Model for Vapor Transport in Unsaturated Soil (JMM January 2014)
- LaTeX and MATLAB in Multivariable Calculus (JMM January 2014)
- The Navier Stokes Equations (Carroll Math Seminar, Nov 12, 2013)
Multivariable Calculus Labs
The following are labs used for Multivariable Calculus here at Carroll College. If you would like to the tex or matlab source code for these labs please email me.
- Intro to Labs [pdf]
- Lab 1: Surfaces and Contours [pdf]
- Lab 2: Vector Operations [pdf]
- Lab 3: The Gradient Vector [pdf]
- Lab 4: Approximation with Tangent Planes [pdf]
- Lab 5: Optimization [pdf]
- Lab 6: Gradient Search [pdf]
- Lab 7: Volumes [pdf]
- Lab 8: Parameterized Curves and Vector Fields [pdf]
- Lab 9: Conservative Vector Fields and Curl [pdf]