State Match Play Championship
2013 Montana State Match Play Championship
Green Meadow Country Club, Helena MT
May 31st - June 3rd
- Bracketed format, top 32 advance after stroke play, single elimination, 36 holes each day.
- Must be an Amateur, have a USGA Handicap under 14, & be MT resident.
- $85 Entry Fee, which includes BBQ and guaranteed 18 holes
- $500 Champion
- For more information or to sign up, call Bennett MacIntyre at (619) 838-7626 or Spencer Williams at (406) 868-3334.
- Thursday: Optional practice round. Please make tee times in advance. Registration 4 p.m to 7 p.m.
- Friday: Registration 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. 1:00 pm shotgun, 18 holes of qualifying stroke play, NO play course on Friday until stroke play begins (automatic dq.). BBQ following stroke play.
- Saturday: 1st round morning matches start 8:00a.m. (32 players). 2nd round afternoon matches start approximately 1:00p.m. (16 players).
- Sunday: 3rd round morning matches start 8:00 a.m.(8 players) . 4th round afternoon matches start (4 players).
- Monday: Finals, Morning matches start 8:00 a.m. determine 1st - 4th places
Brochures and forms
State Match Play returns to links landscape
By George Geise, Great Falls Tribune Correspondent // April 18, 2013
A familiar event is returning to the state golf scene, and it should be a welcome addition to the links landscape.
The Montana State Match Play Tournament, which was a fixture on the Treasure State men’s golf calendar from the late 1990s through 2007, has been reinvented by two of our most prominent amateur players. Spencer Williams of Great Falls and Bennett MacIntyre of Helena are bringing the Match Play event to a new venue, Green Meadow Country Club in Helena later this spring. The original State Match Play tourney was played at Eagle Bend Golf Resort in Bigfork, then was switched to Missoula Country Club for the final year.
Read the full article