Carroll College, Helena Montana
Transferable Credit

Transferable Coursework

Transferable Credit

Any student who has attempted college coursework after graduating from high school is considered a transfer student at Carroll College. Carroll will accept credits from regionally accredited colleges and universities. 

In addition:

  • You must have earned a C or better in an academic course that is college level (100 level or higher at most institutions) to earn transfer credit at Carroll.
  • Generally, we will not accept professional or vocationally-oriented courses.
  • A maximum of 60 lower-level credits will be transferred to Carroll. This includes any credit granted for Advanced Placement exam scores, International Baccalaureate exam scores, and any credit allowed for military service.
  • At least one-half of the credits required for your chosen major or minor must be earned at Carroll.
  • Courses which are transferable but do not meet Core or major requirements will be credited as elective credits and will be counted toward the total number of credits needed for graduation.
  • An official evaluation of your transcript(s) and credits will be provided to you after you are accepted to Carroll.

Helena College and Flathead Valley Community College Transfer Students

If you are transferring from Helena College or Flathead Valley Community College, please use the appropriate transfer guide as a reference to determine course equivalents.

Helena College Equivalency Guide

Flathead Valley Community College Equivalency Guide

A note for students interested in Nursing

Students may enter into courses prerequisite to nursing upon admission to the college, but need to be formally accepted to the nursing major for registration in nursing courses. Applications for admission to the nursing major are accepted in the spring semester each year for admission into the major the following fall semester. Final decisions regarding admission to the nursing major will be made after grades from the spring semester are available. Admission preference will be given to students who are currently enrolled at Carroll College.

Transfer students must be enrolled at Carroll College in the spring semester in which they make application to the nursing major, as well as having met the coursework prerequisites, in order to be given priority consideration. Due to limited placement opportunities and the high level of interest in the nursing program by Carroll students, no external transfer students have obtained placement in the nursing program for the previous four years. Once a student is admitted to the nursing program, it is a full three-year curriculum to earn a BSN, regardless of prior credits completed.

More information about the application to the department can be found at the Carroll Nursing website.