Any student who has attempted college coursework after graduating from high school is considered a transfer student at Carroll College. Carroll will accept credits from regionally accredited colleges and universities.
- You must have earned a C or better in an academic course that is college level (100 level or higher at most institutions) to earn transfer credit at Carroll.
- Generally, we will not accept professional or vocationally-oriented courses.
- A maximum of 60 lower-level credits will be transferred to Carroll. This includes any credit granted for Advanced Placement exam scores, International Baccalaureate exam scores, and any credit allowed for military service.
- At least one-half of the credits required for your chosen major or minor must be earned at Carroll.
- Courses which are transferable but do not meet Core or major requirements will be credited as elective credits and will be counted toward the total number of credits needed for graduation.
- An official evaluation of your transcript(s) and credits will be provided to you after you are accepted to Carroll.
Helena College and Flathead Valley Community College Transfer Students
If you are transferring from Helena College or Flathead Valley Community College, please use the appropriate transfer guide as a reference to determine course equivalents.
Helena College Equivalency Guide
Flathead Valley Community College Equivalency Guide