The following instructions will help guide you through the process of applying to Carroll College.
- Please keep a copy of all documents submitted for admission and financial aid applications.
- Official High School Transcripts—High school transcript should include all work completed to date. Transfer applicants must supply final high school transcripts or proof of GED if fewer than 30 semester credits or its equivalent with a minimum grade of “C” has been completed at the college level.
- Official College Transcripts - College transcripts of all work attempted are required. Individual official transcripts must be obtained from each college/university attended.
- Test Requirements
- Freshmen applicants – Students are required to submit either the ACT (American College Test) or the SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test). Carroll’s school code for the ACT is 2408 and our school code for the SAT is 4041. International students who wish to be considered for academic merit scholarships must submit either ACT or SAT scores.
- International applicants – Proof of English proficiency is required for students whose first language is not English. Carroll accepts official TOEFL or IELTS scores. Carroll’s school code for the TOEFL is 4041.
- Transfer applicants - If you have graduated from high school and have completed at least 24 semester units at a regionally accredited college or university, then ACT and SAT are not required.
- Applicants over 21 years of age by September 1 of the enrolling year who have no previous college experience, with the exception of courses taken at Carroll College as a non-degree seeking students, may submit official ASSET/COMPASS test scores in lieu of ACT or SAT scores.
- Letters of recommendations are intended to provide a professional evaluation of your academic and social skills. We prefer one academic recommendation from a high school counselor for freshman applicants. Transfer applicants should obtain one recommendation from a college professor.
- A $35 application fee (non-refundable) must accompany the application. Carroll College participates in the College Board and ACT fee waiver program, and official waivers may be obtained from your high school counselor or academic advisor. Please note that the application fee is waived for all students who apply online.
- Essay—The essay required of all candidates is intended to provide us with a greater appreciation of who you are as a student and as a person. While not a formal writing assessment tool, members of the Admission Committee are influenced by the preparation evidenced in your essay.
Additional Instructions for International Students
Proof of English Language Proficiency – All applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit official results for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Transfer students who have been enrolled in a degree program at a US college or university for at least one year do not have to submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores.
The Form I-20 and your (F-1) Student Visa – All applicants who require a U.S. immigration Form I-20 must complete and return the Confidential Statement of Financial ability. The form must be accompanied by financial documentation which verifies that funding is available to cover all estimated expenses for the first year of study. Documentation must be provided on official bank or other financial institution letterhead stationery with a bank official’s signature and seal/stamp. Original documents are required. Scanned and/or faxed documents will not be accepted.
If you are already studying in the United States on an F-1 or J-1 visa, please contact our international office to request a transfer form to request a release of your Form I-20 or DS-2019 for your current institution to Carroll College. Once the required forms have been received, we will issue your I-20 or DS-2019.
When corresponding with the Office of Admission, or when mailing your application and the required supporting credentials, please use this address:
Office of Admission
1601 N. Benton Avenue
Helena, MT 59625-0002
Apply to Carroll College today! »