April 2015 - Journey to the World's Edge
A delight for the young at heart…
Journey to the World's Edge
By Harry Michael Bagdasian and Ernest Joselovitz.
This tale is about young Brigid Shawn O'Grady of long-ago County Clare in Ireland. She was born with a deformed foot, and she just wants to be normal. Seeking to protect her from cruelty in the village she is isolated by her parents until, one day, she sets off to ask the help of the legendary Sea Mither. This is a journey of discovery and adventure where she meets challenges, and awesome creatures, and discovers a powerful truth. Steeped in Irish culture and legends, Journey to the World's Edge is about Brigid's exciting and enlightening journey toward self-esteem and courage. Children will learn a powerful lesson and be fascinated by the rollicking tale.
Performances: April 24, 25 & May 1, 2
Ticket prices: General Admission - $5, Under 12 - $3.
Seating and Ticket information
We feature Festival Seating
- We can accept the following forms of payment:Cash, check, credit/debit cards.
- There is no assigned seating in our theatre, however we can hold seats if you are coming from out-of-town. Call our box office voicemail at 447-4304 and leave your name, the number of seats, and the date, and we will hold the seats until 5 minutes before the show.
- Seating is on a first come- first seated basis. Our capacity is 200 seats. We recommend that you arrive early to get the seats you want, but we don't have any bad seats. The auditorium opens 30 minutes before showtime for those who want the best seats.
- Mainstage Shows - General Admission is $10. Students/Seniors are $8.
- Theatre for Children Shows - General Admission is $5, Children under 12 are $3.
- Showcase Productions - $5 for any seat.
- Class demonstrations and Recitals - No charge.
- Carroll College Faculty and Staff - free with one guest
- Students - free any performance
- Carroll College Theatre alumni - free to any performance
- Members of the press or media covering the production - free to any perfomance.
Our Theatre Spaces
The Carroll College Theatre - Originally built in 1916 as the college gym. In 1995 theatre faculty and students remodeled it to serve as our home. It is on the north side of St. Charles hall, across from the Corette library.
- Seating - The theatre seats 200, on a first come - first served basis. No reserved seating is available.
- Show Night Parking is available in the spaces outside the theatre, in the Library Lot or the adjacent lots to the east.
The Merton Acting Studio - Is located in the basement of the Cube, below the dining room and the bookstore.
- Seating - Seats 70. First come, first seated. No late arrivals can be admitted. Come early!
- Show night parking is availabe in the lot of the Cube.
We are on Facebook!
Check out the Theatre Facebook page for current information and photos and information from the past. It is an easy way for all past, present and future Carroll Theatre people to access information, memories and just stay in touch.