Carroll Jazz Combo Concert
The Carroll College Jazz Combo will present its Spring concert, "Grooves," in the Carroll Theatre on Tuesday, April 15, 2014, at 7:30 p.m.
Eighteen Carroll students and guests led by Dr. Lynn Petersen will perform Sammy Nestico's Switch In Time, the Glenn Miller Orchestra classics In the Mood and Moonlight Serenade, Adele's title song from Skyfall, and popular standards Come Fly With Me, You Stepped Out of a Dream and They Can't Take That Away From Me. The group will also play funk tune Attitude Dance, Sonny Rollins' bebop classic, Oleo, and Milt Jackson's blues tune Bags' Groove. Smaller combos are featured on a Dixieland rendition of Just a Closer Walk With Thee and Gordon Goodwin's Fax About Sacts for saxophone quintet and rhythm section.
Free admission. Call (406) 447-4303 for more information.
Seating and Ticket information
We feature Festival Seating
- There is no assigned seating in our theatre, however we can hold seats if you are coming from out-of-town. Call our box office voicemail at 447-4304 and leave your name, the number of seats, and the date, and we will hold the seats until 5 minutes before the show.
- Seating is on a first come- first seated basis. We recommend that you arrive early to get the seats you want, but we don't have any bad seats. The auditorium opens 30 minutes before showtime for those who want the best seats.
- Mainstage Shows - General Admission is $10. Students/Seniors are $8.
- Theatre for Children Shows - General Admission is $5, Children under 12 are $3.
- Showcase Productions - $5 for any seat.
- Class demonstrations and Recitals - No charge.
- Carroll College Faculty and Staff - free with one guest, except for Summer or Myrna Loy shows.
- Carroll College Students - free any performance, except Summer or Myrna Loy shows.
- Carroll Theatre Majors/Minors or Carroll students enrolled in Theatre classes - Free to any performance. This includes theatre alumni.
- Members of the press or media who are covering the production - free to any perfomance. Please contact Chuck Driscoll 447-4309 to make arrangements.
We can accept cash or checks. We are not able to accept credit or debit cards at this time.
Our Theatre Spaces
The Carroll College Theatre - Originally built in 1916 as the college gym. In 1995 theatre faculty and students remodeled it to serve as our home. It is on the north side of St. Charles hall, across from the Corette library.
- Seating - The theatre seats 200, on a first come - first served basis. No reserved seating is available.
- Show Night Parking is available in the spaces outside the theatre, in the Library Lot or the adjacent lots to the east.
The Merton Acting Studio - Is located in the basement of the Cube, below the dining room and the bookstore.
- Seating - Seats 70. First come, first seated. No late arrivals can be admitted. Come early!
- Show night parking is availabe in the lot of the Cube.
We are on Facebook!
Check out the Theatre Facebook page for current information and photos and information from the past. It is an easy way for all past, present and future Carroll Theatre people to access information, memories and just stay in touch.