The Pastoral Ministry Program rotates through different cities around the western half of Montana. This enables everyone who wishes to participate eventually to have an opportunity to do so at a city nearby to their home.
During 2012-2014, the program will meet in Missoula, Montana. The following are some pertinent details related to the program in Missoula:
1) All the teaching sessions and meals will be at Blessed Trinity parish, which is located at 1475 Eaton Street. You may find details about the parish, its location and a map to the parish by clicking here.
2) Most participants do not live in the cities where we hold the programs. Because of that, some choose to stay in a local hotel for some or all of the weekends. This is an especially attractive option if the weather is poor for driving or if you want to spend the weekend in Missoula and do some shopping or take in a sporting event before or after the teaching session. If you do not live in Missoula, we have set up two different hotel arrangements with attractive rates. You need only to call them and indicate you are staying there for the Carroll College PFLM program. You can then book a room at the contracted rate. Here are the details about the two hotels:
a) Guesthouse Inn and Suites, $65.95/night, 3803 Brooks Street, (406) 251-2665, click here for hotel details.
b) Holiday Inn Express, $80.00/night, 150 Expressway, (406) 830-3100, click here for hotel details.
3. We have lined up a great caterer in Missoula to provide all of our meals and snacks during each weekend of the program. If you have food allergies or special food requests, the caterer is committed to meeting your needs! Do not hesitate to contact the program director, Brian Matz (bmatz @ carroll.edu), at any time to let him know what can be done to best accomodate you.
4. The dress code is casual. Since the parish is located in a neighborhood (albeit not far from the Southgate Mall and nearby to Reserve Street), you may want to wear sufficiently comfortable shoes and attire that you can step outside for a walk during our break times.
5. A typical weekend schedule:
6:30-7:00 Evening prayer (in the chapel)
9:00-9:30 Morning prayer (in the chapel)
3:30-4:00 Room cleanup / instructor meets with students enrolled in a Carroll College course
Previous and Future Dates for the Pastoral Ministry Program:
During 2008-2010, the program met in Conrad, Montana.
During 2010-2012, the program met in Butte, Montana.
During 2014-2016, the program is scheduled to meet in Kalispell, Montana.
During 2016-2018, the program is scheduled to meet in Helena, Montana.