Nursing Major Requirements
Criteria for application to the nursing major in Spring 2015: Download the Nursing curriculum plan in PDF format.
Application to the Nursing Major at Carroll
Students may enter into courses prerequisite to nursing upon admission to the college, but need to be formally accepted to the nursing major for registration in nursing courses. Applications for Admission to the nursing major are accepted in the spring semester each year for admission into the major the following fall semester. Final decisions regarding admission to the nursing major will be made after grades from the spring semester are available. Admission preference will be given to students who are currently enrolled at Carroll College.
Transfer Nursing Requirements
We are pleased to announce that we will be accepting a select number of transfer students into our nursing program this year. Accepted students will enroll in classes beginning fall 2015, completing a bachelor’s degree in 3 years.
"Carroll College has helped me to grow and become the person that I am today. I’m equipped to become not only the best nurse that I can be, but also the best human I can be!"
- Tasha Zoanni, class of 2015
Requirements to apply
- One semester of full time coursework within the last 3 years
- Science coursework completed within the last 5 years
- At least 25 credits completed by June 1
- Completed coursework with a “C” or better: 2 semesters of Anatomy and Physiology, General Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Essentials of Chemistry, English Writing, Basic Communication
- Only 2 repeated courses and 2 withdrawals allowed
- Minimum Academic GPA of 3.5
- Complete the Kaplan Nursing Admission Test by June 1
- Initiate a background check by May 15
- May 15 – Application Deadline (Apply online using the Carroll College Application)
- May 15 – Background check initiated
- June 1 – Kaplan Test results due
- June 15 – Admitted students will be notified by the Nursing Department
Visit our Transfer Student site for more information or contact Stephanie Pung in the Office of Admission at 406-447-5482