The mission of the Communication Department mirrors the mission of the college: by seeking the "full realization of the dual goals of vocation and enlightenment."
The communication department has developed both educational/vocational goals and holistic goals for the enlightenment of our students.
A graduate of the Department of Communication will graduate from Carroll College with the following skills:
1. The ability to use communication constructively and unselfishly, to serve others and promote peace on all levels - interpersonally, socially and globally.
2. Understanding of the moral foundations of communication, which include the need to treat every person with reverence.
3. Intercultural understanding and the ability to treat people of all backgrounds with tolerance and respect.
4. Skills in conflict management and relationship-building.
5. Preparation for graduate study.
6. Preparation for a career in public relations, journalism, a secondary education teacher of communication, speech or forensics.
Drew Garrison, ‘09
Drew graduated with a degree in Communications and Public Relations with Marketing in May of 2009. While at Carroll, he proudly led the always rowdy, Carroll Crazies at all of the Saints' athletic events.
After graduation, Drew moved back to California and is currently working as an ESPN Brand Specialist with Entercom Sacramento.
"One of the best things about being a Communications major--You'll have plenty of time for a extra-curricular activities."
Carroll College is an active charter in Lambda Pi Eta. Lambda Pi Eta is the official communication studies honor society of the National Communication Association (NCA). As a member of the Association of College Honor Societies(ACHS), LPH has over 400 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities worldwide.
Students graduating with studies in the Communication department demonstrating scholarly leadership are inducted at the annual Honors Convocation each Spring.
Alumni of the communication department have been successful in a large field of professional careers including jobs in advertising, marketing, event planning, public relations and secondary education.