In addition to the foundation business courses required of all Business Administration majors, Management concentration students will also take the following courses.
Three of the following courses:
BA 377 Small Business Management
BA 380 E-Commerce
BA 408 Human Resource Management
BA 409 Operations Research
BA 413 Organizational Behavior
CO 320 Organizational Communications
EC 302 Labor Relations and Public Policy
Student Profiles in Management
Alicia Booth, Junior
- Hometown: Spokane, WA
- Major: Management with concentrations in marketing and international business and
- Why business? There is a wide variety of classes to choose from as well as numerous job opportunities upon graduation. It is a great major to help you learn more about what you truly love and want to pursue in the near future.
- What do you like about Carroll and the business department? I love the community that is built due to the small size of Carroll. Here you are a name and not a number. It matters greatly to me that my teachers know who I am and want me to succeed and are proud of me when I achieve all they knew I could.
- What do you plan on doing after graduation? That is to be determined. By that point I will have completed two internships which I hope will give me a better sense of direction in what I would like to pursue. I believe that having a triple concentration will also open many doors of opportunity.
Jake Wilson, Junior
- Hometown: Billings, MT
- Major: Management Major with concentration in Marketing
- Why business? It is a very versatile field with many applications.
- What do you like about Carroll? I enjoy the atmosphere, small size and location.
- What do you like about the business department? I like the diverse and challenging courses and friendly and knowledgeable professors.
- What do you plan to do after graduation? I plan to go into the insurance industry and learn to be an agent. Working in an internship this summer will prepare me for this position.
Dennis Mikelonis, Junior
- Hometown: Boise, Idaho
- Major: Management with a marketing concentration
- Why business? I feel that business leaves many doors open for possible positions when I graduate.
- What do you like about Carroll? Smaller student to teacher ratio. It is a close knit community.
- What do you like about the business department? I like the business department because you get a good opportunity to develop relationships with the teachers.
- What do you plan to do after graduation? I'm open to different possibilities!
Tom Yaremko, Senior
- Hometown: Happy Valley, Oregon
- Major: Management with a marketing concentration and Criminology
- Why business? Opportunities
- What do you like about Carroll? Class size and teachers are always available to help.
- What do you like about the business department? It gives you the skills like public speaking that can be applied in real life.
- What do you plan to do after graduation? Begin my career in either law enforcement or sales.
Tanner Markham, Junior
- Hometown: Spokane, WA
- Major: Management and Accounting
- Why business? I chose to study business so I could still be involved in the medical field by going into medical device sales.
- What do you like about Carroll? The professors here work their schedule around us (the students). To What do you like about the business program? (Beth Schoyen) switched the class schedule around for me. What student at a big school can say that?
- What do you like about the business department? You learn real life application skills.
- What do you plan to do after graduation? I plan on moving down to Denver, Co and pursuing a career in medical devise sales.
Megan Gretch, Senior
- Hometown: Great Falls, MT
- Major: Management with concentrations in marketing and finance
- Why business? I chose business because of how applicable it is to everyday life. I have always been interested in business strategies (how and why businesses make the decisions they do).
- What do you like about Carroll? Carroll has amazing faculty and staff that truly care about your experience, not only in college, but in life.
- What do you like about the business department? The business department offers incredible opportunities to take what you learn in the classroom and then apply it in the real world. It is not about just reading or text books but about applying that knowledge. Also, the relationships you build with the business professors is invaluable. The small class sizes allow for personal relationships to be built. The professors learn what your interests and goals are, and they assist you in any way possible to help you achieve those goals. The professors make the department!
- What do you plan to do after graduation? I have a job with Mountain View Meadows doing marketing and office management. I plan on going to graduate school in a year or two.
Ben Nearpass, Senior
- Major: Management and Psychology double major
- Hometown: Billings, MT
- Why business? I chose business because I really like to broad range of skills and abilities it teaches. It will allow me to keep my options open and choose a job best suited to my skills.
- What do you like about Carroll? I like how small Carroll is. I also like the Catholic identity of the school and the fact that it also helps you become a better person.
- What do you like about the business department? I really like the faculty. Only having 5 or so professors allows for a much more personal relationship with them.
- What do you plan to do after graduation? I plan to be an State Farm insurance agent.