Arts Management and Administration
Question: How do I combine my love of the Arts with my desire for a career in Business or Communications?
Answer: Minor in Arts Management and Administration!
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
This minor can be your start to some wonderful career choices. How do these jobs sound?
- Executive Director
- Mangaging Director
- Director of Marketing and Outreach
- Development and Communications Director
- Director of Performing Arts
- Finance Director
- House/Event Manger
- Opera & Ballet Executive Administrator
Minor Program Requirements
Twenty-four semester credits consisting of the following:
One course from any three of the four Fine Arts disciplines is required. The following courses are suggestions: (9 credits)
- ART - ART 105 Introduction to Art, ART 110 Art Appreciation
- DNC - DNC 128 Dance I: Elements of Dance, DNC 228 Dance II: Partner Dancing Through the Ages
- MUS - MUS 109 Keyboard Musicianship I, MUS 125 Voice I
- THT - THT 118 Theatre Appreciation, THT 111 Introduction to Acting, THT 121 Stagecraft I
Plus the following courses in Arts Management: (6 credits):
- THT 150 Introduction to Arts Management
- ART 490 Art Internship or DNC 490 Dance Internship or MUS 490 Music Internship or THT 490 Theatre Internship
The following courses are required in Business Administration &
Communications (9 credits):
- BA 306 Marketing (3 credits) or BA 375 Fundamentals of Management (3 credits)
- CO 215-216 Introduction to Public Relations: Theory & Practice (6 credits)
Adjustments in course requirements can be approved to fit a specific major programs(s) that that student is pursuing.