Arts Management and Administration
Question: How do I combine my love of the Arts with my desire for a career in Business or Communications?
Answer: Minor in Arts Management and Administration!
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
This minor can be your start to some wonderful career choices. How do these jobs sound?
- Executive Director
- Mangaging Director
- Director of Marketing and Outreach
- Development and Communications Director
- Director of Performing Arts
- Finance Director
- House/Event Manger
- Opera & Ballet Executive Administrator
Minor Program Requirements
Twenty-four semester credits consisting of the following:
One course from any three of the four Fine Arts disciplines is required. The following courses are suggestions: (9 credits)
- ART - ART 110 Art Appreciation
- MUS - MUS 109 Keyboard Musicianship I, MUS 125 Voice I
- THT - THT 118 Theatre Appreciation, THT 111 Introduction to Acting, THT 121 Stagecraft I
Plus the following course in Arts Management: (3 credits):
- ART 425 Fine Arts Internship
The following courses are required in Business Administration & Communications (12 credits):
- BA 228 Introduction to NonProfit Organizations (3 credits)
- BA 306 Marketing (3 credits) or BA 375 Fundamentals of Management (3 credits)
- CO215-216 Introduction to Public Relations: Theory & Practice (6 credits)