Carroll College, Helena Montana

Hosting a Visiting Scholar


Departments are encouraged to explore ways to bring their foreign colleagues to Carroll to lecture, research and contribute.  Carroll is approved by the US Department of State to host visiting scholars as part of the J1 exchange visitor program. Faculty who have agreed to host international scholars must complete the Application to Host a Visiting Scholar.


If you'd like to come to Carroll as a visiting scholar, please begin by contacting the department by email with details of your proposal. 

If the department can accommodate you as a visiting scholar, it will complete the necessary paperwork to facilitate your J1 visa application.