Emergency Messaging System
Carroll College is using a system called IRIS for sending emergency notifications. We are currently asking for all students and faculty to update their emergency notification information within this system.
What information do we collect?
We are asking for telephone numbers, email addresses and local address information that would be used in order to notify you about an emergency on campus or to locate you in the case of an emergency.
How do you actually update your Emergency Notification Information?
You will actually use the IRIS website directly to update your information. The steps to update your information are as follows:
- Using a web browser go to the IRIS website using the URL www.useiris.com
- Sign in
- username – type CarrollCollege followed by your Carroll ID#. For example, if your Carroll ID # was 5999999, then your username would be CarrollCollege5999999 (notice that there are no spaces) If you do not know your Carroll College ID #, check your ID card or visit the Registrar Office.
- password – type the same as your username (passwords are case sensitive, so be sure to type CarrollCollege with capital letter C)
- Once you sign on with this initial password, you will be asked to change your password. The password must be at least six characters long and must contain an uppercase letter, lowercase letter and special character.
- After you have changed the password, you will be returned to the sign-on screen. Enter your username and new password.
- You will be asked to agree to terms and conditions.
- A tabbed screen will come up showing your IRIS profile. Use the tab for Contact Information to supply your emergency notification information. Note that you can also change your username and password from this screen as well.
What kinds of notifications will the College send out?
There are currently three levels of alerts that may possibly be sent out using the IRIS notification system.
- Green Alert – this is a low level alert that will be non-emergency in nature. The College will send these notices out periodically to be able to familiarize everyone with the system as well as dispensing important information to all.
- Yellow Alert – this is a middle level alert for information that may not yet be a full emergency but may be needed to ensure the safety of those on campus.
- Red Alert – This is the highest level of alert and will be used only in actual emergency situations, where the safety of individuals is at risk.
Be assured that the information that is collected by IRIS is not shared with any outside parties. The college will use this information only to help ensure your safety as a student on the Carroll College campus.
Please login to IRIS at www.useiris.com as soon as possible to update your information. For any questions regarding using the IRIS website, please call the CCIT Help Desk @ 447-4357.